Sponsored by:

Annoying Software Update

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2021, 01:09 PM
Drifting
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Default No Getting Software Updates, Stuck on 2.05

Hi All,

My Defender is showing that it is running the latest software, but the version is 2.05 and i'm reading that the actual latest version is 2.06. I've checked connectivity, connected my home wifi, etc. Any suggestions on how to request it? Sorry for the typo in the title.

Cheers

Old 01-11-2021, 01:32 PM
Mudding
Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts

My 2 cents- if all obvious things on your end have been tried including a hard reset of the Pivi Pro then MAYBE out of date or bad module/s are in question as evidence in this thread. That gateway module spoken of In thread sounds like a possibility. This is a dealer update and saying that to me would make me groan unless they would guarantee one day service on checking it out but it is better than just waiting since we all know that 2.0.6 was very useful. I am at 2.0.7 but really couldn’t tell any difference in system.

Old 01-11-2021, 01:34 PM
Drifting

@Freemey can you walk me through the steps for a hard reset of Pivi Pro? I've seen references to it in other threads, but want to make sure I'm doing it right.

Cheers
Susan

Old 01-11-2021, 02:57 PM
Mudding

Webops

just get in your car and start it. Then press and hold down the on/off button on the Infotainment or PIVI Pro screen for about 15 seconds. Just keep holding it down until it goes blank and then the Landrover Oval appears.

The reset process takes 2-3 minutes which seems long if you are staring at it. Some items come back right away but you will notice response to your touch and items like the digits on compass direction and elevation take some time (if you were looking at that tile).

After the reset you might -hopefully be offered an update and you might need to re-enable some settings like Connectivity or AHBA. In early updates I had to do that but later I did not after 2.0.6.

A U-tuber from England, powerfuluk.com does a bunch of somewhat helpful videos on his journey with the new Defender. He has a recent one where he mapped the SETTINGS option tree which is helpful at first in finding things. It is a google doc and I seem to be unable to paste the link in this window.

Old 01-12-2021, 07:48 PM
Drifting

Thanks @Freemey I tried all steps. The LR dealer here suggested that the next version is too large of a download for over air. They will be installing it when I go into their shop on Friday.

Old 01-14-2021, 01:49 PM
Mudding

Webops

Glad to hear you are receiving it anyway. I have decided that since 2.0.7 I have an intermittent selection issue with AHBA again. Some days it will select, some days it won’t as indicated with it flipping back off right after I select it. I also get a very occasional map in front of driver display failure for minutes or not at all until the following ignition cycle. My navigation map is fine on the PIVI screen at the same time so maybe it is a feed issue.

Does anyone have 2.0.7 installed and did yours come with release notes? I don’t have any.

Old 01-14-2021, 03:52 PM
Mudding
Received 64 Likes on 41 Posts

Just picked up my Defender a week ago (P300 S), and it updated on 1/12 to 2.0.5... weird. I'll try the hard reset to see if it progresses in version. Has anyone cracked the code on mapping software version to trim level... might it be normal for me to be on 2.0.5? There's only one noticeable bug for me -- I enter the car on work meetings all the time wearing AirPods and don't want to use the car's BT for audio a lot of the time. There is a setting for automatic connection in the BT/phone setup that I have toggled to off... and it auto-connects nonetheless.

*** Update, well found another minor bug... the date settings are inconsistently showing US/British date formats... I simply had last update date wrong... was really 12/1 vs. 1/12 (and, yes, I ignored the year) .. getting updates now after a reset. Disappointing that a reputable dealer wouldn't make sure software was completely up to date prior to delivery. Curious to test whether this solves this relatively minor (in the grand scheme) BT issue.

Last edited by patpatriot6; 01-15-2021 at 08:02 AM. Reason: update
Old 01-16-2021, 03:29 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Default 01/15/2021 Latest update

Latest software updated on 01/15/2021.

The following users liked this post:
Gent of liesure (01-19-2021)
Old 01-16-2021, 07:25 PM
Mudding

I am a bit amazed at dealers lack of information. Even if it is limited to one specialized tech they should spread it about with a few meetings and yes update all deliveries to dealership before selling them. That just seems like good business. Patpatriot6 I hope you start seeing improved performance.

Old 01-16-2021, 07:33 PM
Drifting

I was just at the LR dealer yesterday. They "updated a module" and that fixed the error I was seeing regarding the brake assist. I'm still on pivi software version 2.0.5. They said they can't force a software update, but I don't have any errors and everything seems to be working correctly. I have the P400 HSE.
Also, thanks for the heads up on this forum regarding PowerfulUK for accessories. I bought the chequered mirror and rear bumper covers from them. Fast shipping to Utah.

Quick Reply: Annoying Software Update