Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Annoying Software Update

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2021, 12:30 PM
Overlanding
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LR4USN
Picked up this past Monday, Sept 18 build - One for the record, I posted in another thread, I have no version at all. Service Manager, noted the SOTA server is down, but he didn't seem concerned I'm version-less. (via email with service mgr)

I’m in the same boat I am itching to rip this car apart and build something amazing but the amount of problems and no software name or date installed is concerning. Southbay Landrover in SoCal says to just wait but waking up and getting in the car is like a choice your own adventure book at the moment. No clue what will work and won’t.

Old 01-19-2021, 07:18 PM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by webops
I was just at the LR dealer yesterday. They "updated a module" and that fixed the error I was seeing regarding the brake assist. I'm still on pivi software version 2.0.5. They said they can't force a software update, but I don't have any errors and everything seems to be working correctly. I have the P400 HSE.
Also, thanks for the heads up on this forum regarding PowerfulUK for accessories. I bought the chequered mirror and rear bumper covers from them. Fast shipping to Utah.

I took delivery of a 2020 P400 on NYE and have had all the troubles listed in this section. After going to the dealer twice just because nothing was working I came across this forum. Called today after realizing I have no software version at all and wondering if flashing the module or doing a USB update I would hope half the issues would be resolved instead they gave the above paper telling me nothing they can do due to 2.0.7 leaving some defenders useless. Seriously considering returning

Old 01-20-2021, 11:44 AM
Mudding
Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Webops

I would love to know which module your dealer updated to stop the emergency brake assist and steering warning. My P300 S still occasionally throws that warning and it is not a false warning as evidenced by not being able to use LKA. It usually works on the next ignition cycle. I am on system software 2.0.7 and Live Apps software 12/04/2020. I did finally turn off automatic updates for Live Apps just to have more control but I have not seen an update there since early December.

Old 01-20-2021, 11:51 AM
Winching
Received 561 Likes on 252 Posts

I have been receiving Live Apps updates seemingly daily for the past several days. Don't know which apps, since the handful of "visible" ones still have a date stamp of December, but something downloads and installs pretty much every day for at least the past week.

Old 01-20-2021, 11:52 AM
Drifting
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

@Freemey My service advisor is Adam Dell at Land Rover Downtown Salt Lake City, UT. Phone: (801) 257-3600
My P400 HSE is still running 2.05. Adam told me they updated a module and that fixed the error on the dash that was saying the brake and lane keep assist features were not available. They are working as expected now. I still do not show an update to the software available to move up to 2.06 or 2.07. The dealer told me they could not force an update to Pivi Pro. Hope this info helps.

The following users liked this post:
Freemey (01-21-2021)
Old 01-20-2021, 12:27 PM
Overlanding

I was at the dealer yesterday after coming across this thread. I have no software showing at all and all the issues you guys are listing. I mentioned the module to them and they told me to call back said there are allot of issues with 2.0.7 and I had to wait. I took delivery of my P400 on NYE and nothing but issues

Old 01-20-2021, 12:36 PM
Mudding
Received 90 Likes on 49 Posts

[QUOTE=Freemey;758280]Webops

I would love to know which module your dealer updated to stop the emergency brake assist and steering warning. My P300 S still occasionally throws that warning and it is not a false warning as evidenced by not being able to use LKA. It usually works on the next ignition cycle. I am on system software 2.0.7 and Live Apps software 12/04/2020. I did finally turn off automatic updates for Live Apps just to have more control but I have not seen an update there since early December.[

Hi all,

Just got back from a trip to the Black Hills of SD. Had the emergency braking and steering assist message happen three times on the trip. Hard reset of Pivi seemed to resolve but you have to be stationary to do it.

I have no version showing on my Defender. Picked up 1 month ago today. Shows no updates either.

Rob

carlmuck (01-20-2021)
Old 01-20-2021, 03:36 PM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by Freemey
I am a bit amazed at dealers lack of information. Even if it is limited to one specialized tech they should spread it about with a few meetings and yes update all deliveries to dealership before selling them. That just seems like good business. Patpatriot6 I hope you start seeing improved performance.
Spoiler

Last edited by Gent of liesure; 01-20-2021 at 03:38 PM.
carlmuck (01-20-2021)
Old 01-20-2021, 06:05 PM
Drifting
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Gent of liesure
Spoiler

@Gent of liesure Really good to know that OTA updates are on hold.

Old 01-20-2021, 06:32 PM
Mudding
Received 64 Likes on 41 Posts

Hmm... it's not a great sign if it's true that OTA updates are on hold. I've worked in software for a long time, and freezing deployment is a potential sign of several things -- 1) mismanagement; 2) a weak team; 3) something profoundly broken or unstable that makes continued deployment overly risky. Software quality tends to go up when you release fewer things more often and gets worse when you release lots of things less frequently -- I have seen this play out over and over in my experience. By the way, it's not the frequency that in and of itself matters, though it's easier to isolate sources of problems with fewer changes, it's that products/platforms that release frequently often tend to have capabilities within the team and technical environment that ensure quality. Dealers aren't great authorities on these systems -- wouldn't surprise me if this is incorrect information.

Quick Reply: Annoying Software Update