2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Annoying Software Update

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2021, 05:27 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I have heard of one other incident like this.....very bad indeed. Could you have jumped the truck just to move it? I heard that if the battery level is low, this can happen.

Good luck and please keep us informed. LR cannot allow this to happen!

Old 01-05-2021, 05:52 PM
SM8
7th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DefenderSmitty
I have heard of one other incident like this.....very bad indeed. Could you have jumped the truck just to move it? I heard that if the battery level is low, this can happen.

Good luck and please keep us informed. LR cannot allow this to happen!
thanks DefenderSmitty, we did try and jump it but battery was fine, so it had to be dragged up the tow truck ramp, wheels locked. I love the Defender but crazy that this can happen.

Old 01-05-2021, 07:18 PM
Mudding
Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts

SM8

You have my attention - they do also say it’s no big deal to interrupt an update as well. Hopefully you get a concrete answer. Don’t know what I would do in that situation. If battery is good I think I would see if it would respond to a PIVI reset -a Hail Mary I think or disconnect the battery cables for a bit and see if all the power off would cause a reset of some sort.

The following users liked this post:
SM8 (01-05-2021)
Old 01-07-2021, 05:26 PM
SM8
7th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fixed

So the gateway module had to be replaced and power train control module updated. (Not quite sure what these do). Dealership was in touch with LR UK to figure it out. Looks like all fine now and I’ve got my Defender back, good quick job by the dealership. Think I’ll still be nervous though to do an over the air update next time.

Old 01-07-2021, 07:41 PM
Mudding

Sounds like supply chain growing pains on components. I had to go back for my mud flap install right after I got the car and while there I mentioned what have now been corrected by updates a few software issues. The tech managed to find “several modules” that needed a usb stick software update which he performed. I was at 2.0.3 at the time and was expecting 2.0.4. Right after I picked up car I performed a hard PIVI reset and bang in came an offer of an update. Don’t know if the modules were part of issue and I couldn’t get name of them from service advisor.

Well thanks for the update and very glad to hear you are back in service

Old 01-10-2021, 09:57 AM
Overlanding
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

include mine

Last edited by Patrick Valencia; 01-15-2021 at 02:04 PM.
Old 01-11-2021, 01:09 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Anyone else having terrible bluetooth issues? Was great, now dropping, etc. Very frustrating for about a month now after it worked fantastically.

Old 01-11-2021, 12:47 PM
Mudding

No Bluetooth issues for me since day one through all of the updates. I always just put phone on wireless charger and feed music/Pandora via Bluetooth. Having that break would be annoying. Have you tried forgetting the Landrover and then setting it up again? It might be on the phone side. I will say I am a long time Apple fan and the last big update was horrible as far as my iPhone 10 operating system was concerned. A good many settings and basic setup of the phone had to be remade.

I would check both phone and vehicle for issues. Hard to check vehicle I know. This is one reason I like a built in navigation database that is updated over the air. I want something resident in case my phone gets corrupted and nice features like CarPlay don’t work properly.

Old 01-11-2021, 12:54 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

My iphone 2 bluetooth had been great until the latest 2.0.6 and 2.0.7 update. While the overall software system is generally better, the only thing I do have more issues with in the latest update is phone. Specifically, connecting my phone via bluetooth (even though it says it is, shows it is not) and sometimes randomly switching from car speaker to phone speaker when in use.

Old 01-11-2021, 01:09 PM
Mudding

I wonder if level of sound system has something to do with it. Mine is the basic sound system as I didn’t want a cooler storage box and option process when I ordered packaged that in. I might have less features to interfere with Bluetooth.

Quick Reply: Annoying Software Update