Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2020, 01:57 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Mine updated and now my wireless charging is not working. Argghhhhhh

Old 11-20-2020, 02:01 PM
Mudding
Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts

This is all good info-hopefully a dealer or two are looking at our conversation. As I mentioned last night I had the auto update to 2.0.5. This morning I went through all of my settings and noticed the following:

Adaptive Speed Limiter will no longer toggle on -I did not have it on 2.0.3 and I did on 2.0.4 it was fun to see and use but I probably wouldn’t use it much -now it is gone-my dealer originally said it wasn’t supposed to be in this market.

Weather App - gone up to this point I had it and it was very cool but I always wondered why I was getting free weather off the built in SIM card which had to cost them. I bet it was intended to be on the other SIM card data plan that was an option I did not buy.

Apple Car Play-I have had it all along when I plugged my phone in but now checking all settings on phone and in car I cannot trigger it even though it is turned on- this is a standard feature I believe and probably a mistake in 2.0.5 -I don’t normally use it but I thought it a nice feature
Brake Hold still works but is probably improved as it was activating all the time not just on a slope

I have not noticed any other changes and my Defender continues to drive great with stability in software

On a somewhat related note- I have experimented with many driver screen layouts and now have the full map in front of me which I really like and just my three favorite tiles on the Pivi Pro screen. If I choose dark theme for maps then dark is quite dark and the by the left knee brightness adjustment **** doesn’t have the authority to get it bright enough for my older eyes. It is probably ok for a younger person with great night vision. I found that by selecting light theme on both maps and system in settings I can now use the manual adjustment by left knee to get an appropriately dimmed screen in front of me. Auto sensitivity to ambient light is still there but now I am quite happy with lighting adjustments.

The adventure continues

Old 11-20-2020, 03:46 PM
Mudding
Received 89 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Freemey
This is all good info-hopefully a dealer or two are looking at our conversation.
Hi,

I think it would be better if JLR was looking at these conversations rather than just a dealer. The selling or servicing dealer has very little influence when making recommendations on usability issues related to the new products.

Rob

Old 11-20-2020, 08:27 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Only thing I noticed was somehow my navigation had randomly switched to satellite. Did notice a new layout on the background for the home screen. I didn't connect to car play (and why did LR not have wireless Car Play like BMW introduced in 2019! Hate the idea I have to use a cable. I think my charger did work but will need to check that. Wouldn't think software would affect that - there is no toggle for charging or not.

Old 11-20-2020, 09:26 PM
Mudding

I did a good bit of driving today and after a break my Apple Car Play worked fine again, also Weather reappeared so all I can think of is some applications were temporarily affected by last 2.0.5 update? I cannot understand why many of us have things stop and start working in the software. So once again for me anyway I feel I am fully functional-until the next update? Knock on wood none of this has affected basic car functionality or features that I know of.

Old 11-20-2020, 10:50 PM
Winching
Received 559 Likes on 252 Posts

I also did a fair bit of driving today with 2.0.5. To put it bluntly, it appears to have fixed . Android Auto still connects when it feels like it, like 3 out of 4 times on average in my experience. Weather, Spotify and TuneIn apps disappear and are resurrected only after a system reset, to last maybe a half dozen ignition cycles before disappearing again. The system still has trouble distinguishing between day and night - the theme doesn't always switch between dark and light modes despite being in Auto. Certain buttons still go completely dead (the Get More Apps in the media menu doesn't seem to do anything 90% of the times.) Stealth mode is still laughably unreliable. Is the screen a tad faster and more responsive? Perhaps, but I am starting to wonder if that's a placebo effect. Also, so far the Wi-Fi and Hotspot options in the Connectivity menu, and the Auto high beams in the vehicle options, haven't mysteriously self disabled like they used to day in, day out, but it's way too early to tell if they fixed that or I've just been lucky today. The stuff that really mattered (to me) still has got the hiccups, exactly like yesterday. Zero improvements. Waiting patiently for 2.0.6...

Last edited by umbertob; 11-20-2020 at 11:06 PM.
Old 11-21-2020, 10:21 AM
Mudding

I added a comment yesterday about lighting-the gist is I am running in light theme for both the system and maps now. The manual control by my left knee has more authority to my taste anyway and I still see ambient lighting adjustments by vehicle but they seem to be right for me. I have more control now in other words

Old 11-21-2020, 03:53 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 699 Likes on 405 Posts

Originally Posted by umbertob
Perhaps they just figured out how to make 2.0.4 upload in the background, without the driver's prior consent, and they pushed it out as 2.0.5 to those who had yet to receive it.
Yes, I confirm. 2.0.5 P1DR1 was updated on November 18, 2020 on my Defender S 110 P300. Neither notice nor message was sent to me.

I do not have wi-fi nor any of the more fancy electronic options and I leave the vehicle outside - where maybe it can be most easily accessed by the sky-borne electronic fairies who seem to visit it without notice?

Everything still works just as before -- I notice no difference, whatsoever. Likely, the efforts are focused on fixing the higher-level electronics gadgets you folks are referring to?

Last edited by TrioLRowner; 11-21-2020 at 03:59 PM. Reason: add a sentence
Old 11-22-2020, 06:58 AM
4wd High
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have not received the update. Tried the reset but nothing is happening. My last update was Oct 15th - 2.0.3.

Old 11-22-2020, 07:29 AM
Mudding
Received 91 Likes on 43 Posts

Started up my 2020 US-spec P400 HSE this morning, and the 2.05 update must have installed overnight without incident or any input from me. I could tell immediately that something was different when I turned it on, because Sirius was on the Preview Channel (although my presets were saved), and Tune-In radio appeared at the bottom of the Source list in the Media tile on the Home Screen layout. Tune-In was originally one of the apps but it had disappeared. It's back with this update, and the stations I had saved in Tune-In were there as well. Still no Weather app though, even after a reset of the Pivi Pro. FYI, I'm in Texas, and I only have the data connection that comes standard with the HSE.

Last edited by PatriotDefender; 11-22-2020 at 08:59 PM.

Quick Reply: Annoying Software Update