2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Annoying Software Update

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2020, 12:57 AM
Mudding
Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Maybe I will make a small spreadsheet on my observations tomorrow. It does seem as I listen to everyone and from what I see on my model that the changes are enabling features many of us thought we had from reading the manuals but could not find. Features are getting better each update. I also find that after software updates I have to go in and reenable my home Wi-Fi which the car still knows. (2.0.6 software version)As I mentioned yesterday I also received that Live Apps software update dated 12/31/1969 and in details other updates dated 12/01/2020

Map behavior was good today after I loaded a route by voice command. I now drive with a full map in front of the driver and normally just have info tiles showing on the PiVI PRO. Once again the Adaptive Speed limiter is back and stays on if selected. It also worked very nicely. I realize many of these features really have their place situationally when we drive but it worked. I could not switch between normal speed limiter with CAN button and Adaptive Speed Limiter. Maybe I have to NOT have Adaptive Speed Limiter switched on in settings but that isn’t what the book says. I will try again on that one. I also had a chance to play with LKA -Lane Keep Assist and DID NOT notice that odd tendency that feels like you are going to be pulled the wrong way when you gently cross a line. It was good and appropriate.

Navigation to strange places is still quite good. Automatic re-routing worked well also. The WAKE WORD still works as does the ability to voice command climate settings. I did have intermittent response from the system when pressing the voice command button so I will explore that more. It could be my imagination but when changing stations in Sirius Radio it did feel like I needed a long press to select something. As I previously mentioned Forward Alert and Cross Traffic Alert now seem appropriately sensitive.

Bottom line is everything worked and the car still drives very nicely. I occasionally have a slight crinkling sound at speed on a rough road which goes away with smoother pavement or a light press on the dash in front of me- that will require some looking about for access. If I was playing the radio I would never notice it. If I didn’t know better I would say I have a dried leaf stuck in the vents kind of sound.

Old 12-05-2020, 03:00 PM
Mudding
Received 91 Likes on 43 Posts

2.06 downloaded on my June built USA spec HSE. Scheduled install for 8pm. Will report back my experiences.

The following users liked this post:
FzyPChz (12-11-2020)
Old 12-05-2020, 03:59 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I was alerted this past Monday for an updated version and install would take approx 20 mins and it seemed to work.

What was odd was the rear ac fan was blowing full tilt with the car still shut down. Once I hit the start stop, which I had to press 3 times, the fan cut off and the system powered up. I was alerted the battery was low and the D would shut down in 3 minutes. The start stop button was slow to wake up. I had to press it 3-4 times to fire the D up. And the beast was alive.

The software version was blank. I took a short drive and everything seemed normal.

I checked yesterday and my version is now 2.0.5ac8

Side note, encore visit and that’s 30 mins I’ll never get back. Kid knew just the basics- he had a check list, but didn’t follow it, I had to sign it 🧐

🤞we continue to receive timely OTA updates that keep our rigs stable. I drove about 100 miles today and it was tip top shape!

Old 12-05-2020, 04:17 PM
Three Wheeling

More to come, I was just alerted for another update is available.

👍

oh. See the orange dot in the window reflecting the blind spot assist? I guessing that is a signal it’s installing the new software.

when it goes out I’ll pop inside the defender and see how it goes.

Last edited by LR4USN; 12-05-2020 at 04:38 PM.
Old 12-05-2020, 04:52 PM
Three Wheeling

The light is out on the lane departure side mirrors.

I’ll let it sit overnight and give it a go in the morning.

Old 12-05-2020, 07:15 PM
Mudding
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

2.0.6 seems to be the largest, most differentiated upgrade yet. Just drove a short distance. Seems faster, no issue with Sirius (yet) and noticed lots of new features on camera, nav, etc. Also - first updates to Connect accounts, weather and live apps. Hoping progress being made!

Old 12-05-2020, 09:08 PM
Mudding
Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

I finally collected my thoughts in a pdf. I am excited for these updates and like others the Defender now acts like the manual said it would on software features. Stability is obviously improved. Mysteries remain as to why the system seems to burp on occasion after a software update. The driving has always been a great pleasure for me. Hopefully we won’t have anything much to talk about except tires and extra goodies soon.

What I See for Light P300 S Model

The following 2 users liked this post by Freemey:
FzyPChz (12-11-2020), mgreenawald (12-07-2020)
Old 12-07-2020, 01:41 PM
Three Wheeling

I'm on the new release 2.0.6

Start/Stop is very smooth now, LKA was less intrusive, the system a tad quicker.

The only issue was Bluetooth didn't auto-connect and BT streaming about every 1/2 hr or so, the song playing would just pause. I'd press play and it would start from the beginning.

The phrase word seems to work w/tad pause to 'think' I was able to ask it to turn the AC up.

Someone earlier, stated, more camera views - I didn't' notice any new views.

Old 12-07-2020, 02:18 PM
Overlanding
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

It is interesting that I have not been notified of any updates. My 2020 S was delivered on Oct 2. I check every day and my software is up to date, and the follow up screen is devoid of any release number or date. I have rebooted a few times but no change.....I doubt my dealer would be able to help. Too bad there is not a notice of current and pending updates I could check from Land Rover as to the latest updates. Just my “2 cents”..

Joe

Old 12-07-2020, 02:20 PM
Three Wheeling

When I picked mine up 2 weeks ago, I didn't have a version number populated in the software update section.

The following users liked this post:
Gent of liesure (01-18-2021)

Quick Reply: Annoying Software Update