Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cracked windshield

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2021, 01:00 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,405 Likes on 708 Posts

Originally Posted by MattEvan
You’re windshield’s cracked and it’s made you want to abandon the Defender? I don’t get it.
For the new Bronco no less. A couple hours in their forums will have you begging for British reliability.

The following users liked this post:
HakubaMatata (02-18-2022)
Old 08-08-2021, 01:03 PM
Mudding
Received 108 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by _Allegedly
For the new Bronco no less. A couple hours in their forums will have you begging for British reliability.
Sounds like an obnoxious yuppie who came from Range Rover into Defender. Good luck with Ford Motor Company, sir!

Old 08-08-2021, 01:09 PM
Pro Wrench

Sounds like an obnoxious yuppie who came from Range Rover into Defender. Good luck with Ford Motor Company, sir!
Pointing out that the new Bronco is currently experiencing multiple issues far worse than the Defender ever did makes me an obnoxious yuppie who you assume is switching to a Ford? Odd assumption but okay pal.

Old 08-08-2021, 01:11 PM
Mudding
Received 108 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by _Allegedly
Pointing out that the new Bronco is currently experiencing multiple issues far worse than the Defender ever did makes me an obnoxious yuppie who you assume is switching to a Ford? Odd assumption but okay pal.
Maybe apply some critical thinking and figure out who I was talking about? (I’ll do the legwork for you: OP and not you)

Old 08-08-2021, 01:18 PM
Pro Wrench

Maybe apply some critical thinking and figure out who I was talking about? (I’ll do the legwork for you: OP and not you)
Ahh, well, in that case, a little harsh for a Sunday afternoon but, agreed.

The following users liked this post:
MattEvan (08-08-2021)
Old 08-08-2021, 07:51 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 218 Likes on 132 Posts

Good luck with the warranty for the windshield. I don't think it's going to fly but I'd be interested to hear how it works out for you. Most definitely add glass coverage to your insurance policy, especially if it's heated IMO, unless you're really young this should go without saying but I suppose sometimes mistakes do happen with all of the chaos involved with ordering and buying one of these things.

Last edited by Chief65; 08-08-2021 at 07:54 PM.
Old 08-08-2021, 10:30 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 55 Likes on 37 Posts

I just got a big crack in my windshield that will require replacement (rock chip). Luckily I only have a $100 deductible. I’m planning to contact my dealership and a local glass shop to figure out lead time to get glass delivered.

Will let you all know how it goes.

Old 08-09-2021, 12:13 PM
Mudding
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

No issues yet on mine despite 4k miles and a 2k trip to Oregon. I had Stek ceramic window tint on my front and sides. Is that supposed to help with windshield strikes causing damage?

Old 08-22-2021, 12:24 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 189 Likes on 113 Posts

MarkZ, any update to your windshield situation? I called my service center this week to get an update and he seemed unable to tell me when a windshield would be available. He originally said "a month" but it has been 3 weeks and still no ETA. I am deploying this week and the car will need to be inspected while I am gone and a cracked windshield will be an automatic fail. Starting to get a bit frustrated with JLR customer service. He was helpful enough to tell me to not even waste my time trying to get warranty to cover it. No rock impact, windshield just cracked all on its own.

Old 08-22-2021, 12:37 PM
Overlanding
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CombatNinja
MarkZ, any update to your windshield situation? I called my service center this week to get an update and he seemed unable to tell me when a windshield would be available. He originally said "a month" but it has been 3 weeks and still no ETA. I am deploying this week and the car will need to be inspected while I am gone and a cracked windshield will be an automatic fail. Starting to get a bit frustrated with JLR customer service. He was helpful enough to tell me to not even waste my time trying to get warranty to cover it. No rock impact, windshield just cracked all on its own.
Mine is scheduled for replacement on Sept 30 in Tulsa. They said they have not had a hard time getting windshields lately. We shall see!

Quick Reply: Cracked windshield