Old 10-01-2022, 12:33 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 2,345 Likes on 963 Posts

Originally Posted by MattF
Raised White Letters !
We do not speak of such things.

@MattF

The following 3 users liked this post by GavinC:
MattF (10-01-2022), mdgs (10-04-2022), sarj (02-25-2023)
Old 10-01-2022, 06:56 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 68 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Huc
Very nice look! Makes me wonder why LR doesn't offer that as an option with their faux walnut and oak interior trim offerings.
Of course I"m left to be concerned how a valet can damage a steering wheel to the point it required replacement but that's likely a 3 drink minimum story
Unfortunately a lot of restaurants in Houston, TX block all the nearby parking for Valet only and you can choose to either use them or park your car on the street and hope no one smashes the windows or sideswipes the car. I received my vehicle back and went to touch the underside of the wheel and felt several deep scratches that had the backing material popping through. Turns out the valets jacket teeth brushed against the wheel when entering the vehicle and ripped the leather open. I had to argue with the company for awhile on the damages but since they were not wearing any jewelry or there was proof on the businesses video (which wouldn't make sense anyways) they refused to replace or repair it. I had a recommendation for repair person by an old bootmaker I frequent and greatly trust but when I used them they gave up after 3 hours and didn't charge me but the final cost for the color and finish wouldn't adhere to the material and I had a splotchy and terrible looking wheel. This happened around January and I just got around to replacing it. I figured I'd try something unique. Moral of the story don't trust others just do it yourself ha

The following users liked this post:
Huc (10-02-2022)
Old 10-02-2022, 07:32 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 428 Likes on 216 Posts

I finally had a moment to install the Modulus 7 Tactical Response Stealth Drawer/Fridge Slider system for the Defender 90. Works quite well and if you care to, still use the single rear seat.

The following 4 users liked this post by Dogpilot:
GavinC (10-02-2022), Huc (10-02-2022), MattF (10-02-2022), yocut33m (07-31-2023)
Old 10-02-2022, 08:10 PM
Huc
Mudding
Received 179 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Dogpilot
I finally had a moment to install the Modulus 7 Tactical Response Stealth Drawer/Fridge Slider system for the Defender 90. Works quite well and if you care to, still use the single rear seat.
Very nice and thanks for posting. Loaded our ARB fridge into the 110 yesterday for the first time. Was wondering what kind of slide would work so your post is timely and looks like a solid solution.

Old 10-03-2022, 10:39 AM
Mudding
Received 246 Likes on 93 Posts

Switch-Pros SP9100 installation!

The following 7 users liked this post by GCSchmidt:
GrouseK9 (10-04-2022), Huc (10-04-2022), Lnberger (10-25-2022), MattF (10-03-2022), mdgs (10-04-2022), tarmac (10-04-2022), yocut33m (01-20-2023) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 10-03-2022, 11:14 AM
Mudding
Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Huc
Wheels: yes on the 19" - can't say as to style # off top of my head (ages since it was spec'd at order). But those are the "factory standard" 19" black wheels that ship with the Defender X model. That should help narrow it in down in discussion w/your dealer. If it doesn't, post back and I'll see what I have for details. Essentially they took off the Adventure AT the rig shipped with and spooned on + balanced the Duratracs at time of pickup onto the wheels the rig shipped with as standard for that model spec. Hope that makes sense/helps.

Thoughts on the Wrap:We like it and believe it was worth it to just do it straight from the factory as we were gonna wrap it anyway. The material is a quality product (sorry, can't recall specifics) - lots of other treads here regarding wraps all seem to say relatively the same thing (everyone's mileage will vary). What is ODD is they did NOT wrap the BLACK painted hood. I will likely take it to my local guys who have done our other vehicles as I get a rumble in my tummy telling me that hood is gonna be a rock magnet just like my Toyota FJ!

Duratrac v. Adventure All Terrain: You are correct on the tires in both counts. Dealer purchased & installed but it was a mini pain in the ****. Upon delivery we found out the Adventure ATs shipped w/the vehicle (it was unknown by dealer at the time or order?) Dealer quoted me a price that was essentially zero credit for the Adventures. I respectfully declined and questioned their rational. The problem is/was tire dealers no longer want (can?) to give $ trade and won't drop the disposal fees for a tire swap (at least here in Denver CO). Basically I'd be trowing new rubber in the trash to get the Duratracs - that rubbed me wrong. While options exist to try and sell the rubber privately or fiddle with trade-in/drop off at places that sell lightly used tires - I had zero desire to deal with those frustrations. Been there - done that (a few times) - got the t-shirt - would rather not do it again. The dealer worked in good faith and we swapped the rubber after they gave me an +/-$800 credit as opposed to their original offer of a $150ish extra to swap the rubber at time of setup (+/- $700 net extra). As a result we each ate a little but c'est la vie. Paula and I thought it was worth the trade-off to do it right at time of pickup and call it done. The $ difference wasn't material at the overall price point of the build.

My biggest pet peeve on the tires is I FORGOT to check the pressure before I left the dealership. Why do auto & motorcycle dealers always seem to over inflate tires? There's a max psi stamped on the bloody sidewall for a reason. But I digress...

For tires - my recommendation is work with the dealer now and it should all be setup when you arrive for delivery! It beats having to sort it out after you drive it home. For wrap - we're glad we did it right from factory as it was one less headache to deal with at / after pickup. We know that painted finish is gonna get Colorado pinstripes in short order & Wraps have proven to help mitigate that.

Hope that helps and enjoy the journey that is 2023 auto purchase
​​​​​​​Thanks for the detailed Info Huc!

Last edited by ficklma1; 10-03-2022 at 11:18 AM.
Huc (10-03-2022)
Old 10-04-2022, 10:47 AM
Overlanding
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GCSchmidt
Switch-Pros SP9100 installation!

I see the ghost antenna...what radio you running? GMRS/Midland? If so, where and how did you mount the radio?

Old 10-04-2022, 11:06 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 417 Likes on 171 Posts

A little DIY this afternoon. Pretty easy install after watching the Powerful UK install video (those guys are great!)

I find it mind boggling that the engineers are LR would think it was a good design to cover the recover loop with a solid piece of plastic. I could only imagine being stuck in the mud and having to climb under the truck to unscrew that thing!

This is the "easy" version.

Haha that is literally exactly what I had to do and all the clips broke off. Felt so dumb as I fumbled with this after telling a jeep I could recover him....

MattF (10-05-2022)
Old 10-06-2022, 12:52 AM
Drifting
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

I changed 3 of my 4 wheels to the new winter tires I have, on the 18 inch white steelies.

Why 3 of 4? When I got to the last wheel, the passenger rear, I couldnt get that last wheel up off the ground to change it! For some reason just that wheel couldn't get up high enough, maxing out my jack.

I left it like that for the night and tomorrow I'll try to find something to put on the jack to give it some more height until I can get a jack with a higher height.

Old 10-06-2022, 12:54 AM
Drifting
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

A little DIY this afternoon. Pretty easy install after watching the Powerful UK install video (those guys are great!)

I find it mind boggling that the engineers are LR would think it was a good design to cover the recover loop with a solid piece of plastic. I could only imagine being stuck in the mud and having to climb under the truck to unscrew that thing!

This is the "easy" version.

Looks great! I've ordered a few things from them myself. They make a lot of cool stuff!
Planning on getting this same one, as well as the tow hooks for the back and the exhaust tips from them as well.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Defender today?