Build Threads Create a build thread to compile pictures and descriptions of your LR build.

Super Model With Bad Crack Habit Rehab Build-

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2015, 06:16 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Isn't that why we lift 4by4's.........Fat bottom girls can't jump??

Old 12-11-2015, 01:41 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Also why we lower cars.....bumpers will scrape

Old 12-12-2015, 12:21 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

personally I don't think any of you guys could handle a Sara and that's why you're on the forum squeaking about big bottom gals.

Cheers!

Old 12-12-2015, 01:30 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Amusing....
My Mom told me the same thing....
I've met Sara's sister years back.....
My Mother in law is 300lbs plus.....
What's this 'you guys' stuff?.....
See what you started Scouts!

Back to the 'Build/Rehab' thread.......

Going to burn me some wire toooo night!
Name:  zip58_zps5q4uu97o.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  40.7 KB

Old 12-12-2015, 02:53 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 401 Likes on 385 Posts

It's always my fault........ I didn't start a thing, it's more like a continuation right landlover_1 (aka C.S.)? ......make the world go round and round and round.......

I've been waiting to hear somebody say; "Hey, there's another Land Rover parking next to yours and she's putting stuff in your truck!". Probably no such luck NOW, squeaking all the way in a one horse open sleigh....... EH!

AND by the way I was referring to the back end of our lovely Rovers as being "fat bottomed" and not any person I may or may not know........ so you just suck on that for awhile and I'll just keep squeaking my mind......

Old 12-12-2015, 05:36 PM
Mudding
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Detoured Discovey
Tom, I'm actually ok under the cargo carpet!!

Number9.......You caught me, I've been a paid fabricator for 32 years, I'm in the business...not the rust business, but in the business. I knew this thing had rust when bought, I'll admit I underestimated it......Now that I'm messing with it, you get an understanding of why it rusted, over sights and mis-engineering....It's mind blowing how I've learned to laugh at this thing.
Your 2 cents are welcome any time!
Rule No.1

You will always underestimate how much rust there is. You take how much rust you think you have and multiply by 2.2 to convert to metric and thats probably how much rust you do have.

Old 12-12-2015, 07:07 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by evoblade
Rule No.1

You will always underestimate how much rust there is. You take how much rust you think you have and multiply by 2.2 to convert to metric and thats probably how much rust you do have.
AND RULE #2

If you miss any rust during the repair... It will come back with a vengeance to show you who's really boss.

The newer metals (even domestics) break down and start to decay 3 times faster than the original metal used as well.

Nice work M.

Jason

Old 12-13-2015, 07:44 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Thanks Jason, it's never as pretty as we'd like it to be, but I'm cool with the results.

Evoblade.....I like that, it's convincing once you throw in the metric twist!

I think these imported girly girls have their own special sort of rust. I, as well I'm sure many of you have worked on, played with, tweaked, restored, etc. much older cars, mostly American, with far less rust issues.....Oh well.

This is too kool.......speaking of older metal....
Name:  zip57_zpsfoq4vv6b.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  89.5 KB

Old 12-13-2015, 08:49 AM
Mudding
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

BTW, I suscribed to this thread. It's one of the most entertaining things I've read on the internet for a while. Plus, I might learn some car repair.

My estimate for how long car maintenance will take doesn't involve metric, but it is take how long you think it will take, double it, and add 2.5 hrs. Maybe I'll just make that "multiply by 2.54", that is the in to cm conversion.

Old 12-13-2015, 09:03 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Detoured Discovey
Thanks Jason, it's never as pretty as we'd like it to be, but I'm cool with the results.

Evoblade.....I like that, it's convincing once you throw in the metric twist!

I think these imported girly girls have their own special sort of rust. I, as well I'm sure many of you have worked on, played with, tweaked, restored, etc. much older cars, mostly American, with far less rust issues.....Oh well.

This is too kool.......speaking of older metal....

M, I think you did a great job. What gauge sheet did you use, I might have missed it. When I was installing my TF lift yesterday I noticed some rust showing through in these areas. I was thinking 16 ga. That's what I usually use on the cruiser repairs.

J

Quick Reply: Super Model With Bad Crack Habit Rehab Build-