Build Threads Create a build thread to compile pictures and descriptions of your LR build.

Super Model With Bad Crack Habit Rehab Build-

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2016, 08:51 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

You have been lucky. Glad you aren't in Louisiana, looks like a nightmare down there. What size coolant adapter did you get? I was looking at them but haven't been out to measure what size I need.

Old 03-09-2016, 11:09 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 189 Likes on 184 Posts

I was looking at them but haven't been out to measure what size I need.
1 1/4 Inch.

Old 03-10-2016, 10:46 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by RedRovin'
You have been lucky. Glad you aren't in Louisiana, looks like a nightmare down there. What size coolant adapter did you get? I was looking at them but haven't been out to measure what size I need.

I bought the 1-1/2" as my hose measures 1.75 OD......I'll follow up once installed.
Picking up some laser work later so, off to the car wash for the follow up degreasing, pick up an oil change & filter....then I can start on the install.
Looks like a lot of rainy days ahead, yes...glad I'm not in Louisiana, looks nasty down there.

Old 03-28-2016, 07:55 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Welp.......figured I'd check in after clocking another 700 miles back to NC outer banks for Easter. Basically have done ZILCH since my last trip last month outside of an oil filter change as I installed the Glow Shift filter adapter and started running the copper tube for the gauge............and I knew it when I bought the VDO copper tubing.......6 feet ain't enough to put a gauge on the pillar.......you need about 8'6"........bought more today....I'm over it.

So, she ran like a tramp....I mean CHAMP once again, not a single hiccup.....We'll be wheeling the beach tomorrow, little warmer this time, the beach was covered in bikini's today which was a pleasant sight!

Just a simple hello.........Should'a named this thing the 'Lonely Rova'......yet to see another D1 gliding the highways with all this traveling........the dinosaur rolls on!!!!

Old 03-29-2016, 09:03 AM
Mudding
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

That's cool, man. Chicks in bikinis and all... last week I got to drive mine through a blizzard in Colorado. But Damm if the thing didn't just. Go.

Old 03-31-2016, 07:39 AM
Recovery Vehicle

lol, yes....Got me a good dose of bikini's on Monday, surprised how many were out, warm air, cold, cold water still.

Tuesday wheeled the South end, very 'puffy' sand after Sundays rain.....again my tire choice was poor for sand, all they wanted to do was dig and make sand castles......I aired down to around 20lbs and things got a bit easier. Having 4 adults and a dog in the truck didn't help, we were rolling a little heavy.....

Another 1,400 miles on the ticker, didn't give me a single issue thru out the trip. Once again......I felt like the only D1 on America's highways....she's a lonely girl. I did see a white D2 on Rt. 40 outside of Winston Salem, I think they were surprised to see a D1 pass by with all the pointing going on....

Anywhoooooo........Back to work & back to some Disco tinkering soon I hope!

Old 03-31-2016, 11:35 AM
Mudding

Gah. I miss the OBX! Great times wheeling and camping around Oregon Inlet in my old TJ.

Never saw any other Disco's out there? When I lived in Raleigh they were a dime a dozen. Now that I think of it, that was damn near 15 years ago.

Anyway... I love your build. Gives me hope for mine. It's got a few issues for sure, but it just starts every time and drives wherever I point it pretty much.

Old 03-31-2016, 03:30 PM
Recovery Vehicle

I saw a newer Disco on a flat bed in Raleigh, I quickly turned and looked the other way thinking it might be a bad omen... Newer Disco's 'yes'.......D1's no, D2's...barely......

We hang out on the South end of Carolina Beach near Fort Fisher and drive the beach South to Cape Fear. Nice, long stretch of sand on that end.....typically just some surf fisher's doing their thing, beyond that it's pretty quiet!

Thanks for the kind words, it's proving it deserves the attention.

Last edited by Detoured Discovey; 03-31-2016 at 03:36 PM.
Old 03-31-2016, 03:35 PM
Mudding

Heck yeah! That's God's country right there. Up until I moved to Colorado a few years ago, our Easter weekend tradition was heading down (a little closer to SC) to Sunset Beach for a long weekend. Go check that out some time. Still a relatively undeveloped little spot.

Old 04-09-2016, 06:32 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Well...........
Been busier than a one legged man in a kick boxing fight..........
I have a new theme song for the Rover.........

Quick Reply: Super Model With Bad Crack Habit Rehab Build-