Build Threads Create a build thread to compile pictures and descriptions of your LR build.

Super Model With Bad Crack Habit Rehab Build-

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 05:11 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by nowakegarage
It's a mud in spray
That's about right!
It's every where, I'm red dirt rich!
I hate mud......always been a rock guy......
Need to pull a fender & realign her........

No time to complain though!!

Nobody likes a complainer.........Wah Wah........too funny!

Last edited by Detoured Discovey; 05-23-2016 at 05:13 PM.
Old 05-23-2016, 07:42 PM
Recovery Vehicle

In review.......things I did wrong................

1st time out, while confident, I was alone.........that's not smart.
2nd time out, I should have known the trail was torn up, but the other trail is horrible and requires 2 lockers.....
I never aired down..........ugh, that was just stupid......
After calling my local Yota owner and figuring out the meeting spot, I learned where the 28 plus single female types hung out in this cabin 1 mile off the road......offered food, I said no, offered 'let me show you the cabin I stated 'Holey ****' as I entered.........(13 women hanging out with owners daughter in the back woods took me off guard)......When faced with the return question..'what? I came up with that's a lot of deer mounts on the walls!!!
They had a lot of beer............
An older woman on the porch was claiming the Rover was the shiat........obviously drinking, I asked her if she owned any wrenches......
Never wheel with a Nissan.......
Tree's suck.....
Leave your cell phone home so your wife knows you left it home when she calls.......
Don't plan on going to work the next day.......
I'm SURPRISED no one one has told me these things are NOT equipped with rev limiters.........LOL......Happy to learn I wasn't making pop corn out of my pistons!!

Rove on people........don't get caught up in codes, just Rove on......get yourself some and have some fun!!!!!

OH.....if your out there, and thought your Lucas wired headlights failed....Check for mud first.....my LED's got me home.......or atleast sideways in the driveway...lol!

ROVE' ON!!!

Old 05-30-2016, 05:41 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Not ashamed to write that I just read all 41 pages. Awesome thread. Keep up the good work; I'm jealous: body work is one thing I can't/won't do.

The following users liked this post:
Detoured Discovey (06-02-2016)
Old 06-02-2016, 07:42 PM
Recovery Vehicle

I removed the fender, knocked out the dents as well as one can.....that fender weighs like.....1lb, 9 ounces.....tweaked the door jam damaged with the back side of a axe handle.....rolling it down as I went.......it's not bad, 10 feet off.....and after all, chic's dig dents.

Now......the nitty dirty gritty.............DEATH WOBBLE.............one night of dancing with wolves and this princess ends up with DEATH WOBBLE.......

In my eye's of 22 years of wheeling......thanks to my divorce, this is totally unacceptable........1 night, one adventure, one giddy the 'F' up.....no 2nd date.

So, death wobble is pretty simple, order the 4 tie rod joints, one must be bad, from there I notice my trac bar bushings are somewhere in Florida, 6 months old and SHOT........WTF????? I mean, and I'm being a gentleman here.......REALLY?????

I'm really, really......really starting to think all the off road hype over these things are just tv commercial, company backed bull shiat.......I've since cleaned up one of those old tie rod ends I replaced and hung it off my key chain.........might have to go back to the other side soon, don't want to, but replacing the same parts every 6 months is........hideous......I want to make it work, but I'm truly discouraged around how these things are built and assembled............truly.

I'll give it one last break, I don't know how long those tie rods were in place, and they weren't OEM.........but, there the same size found on a friggan Subaru..........not feeling motivated..

Old 06-02-2016, 10:34 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 401 Likes on 385 Posts

You sure it's a tie-rod? I have one that's bang bang loose (getting to it....) and I don't have ANY wobble.

Old 06-03-2016, 09:45 AM
Baja
Received 227 Likes on 197 Posts

Replace all bushings with poly, check swivel pin tightness I did this and beat mine on rocks with no issues, I did tie rod ends 1 time so far cheap on amazon but built HD bars for them from dom tube

You come a long way with her, little more to go and you should be fine , I want to relocate my ecm and patch some rust but otherwise mines been good for a while

Old 06-04-2016, 01:08 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 226 Likes on 195 Posts

And don't forget to toe out.

Old 06-05-2016, 08:20 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by fishEH
And don't forget to toe out.
Toe 'OUT'??..........

Every dang make/model I've dealt with over 30 plus years is 'Toe in'......and now I'm seeing toe 'OUT'.............Seriously???

Please EXPLAIN as best as your info provides...........WTH?

Old 06-05-2016, 09:01 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 226 Likes on 195 Posts

I've seen it mentioned on Dweb and D90 Source. It seemed to help my death wobble, though I tightened my swivel preload at the same time.
If you Google "death wobble toe out" you'll find quite a few accounts of it helping.
You don't want to go too far out though.

The following users liked this post:
Detoured Discovey (06-06-2016)
Old 06-06-2016, 09:24 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Ahhh......I thought you were suggesting proper alignment on these was 'toe out.......but rather, your suggesting it can assist eliminating wobble.....
I gotcha........phew...
Once the dang track bar bushings show up, I'll fine tune it but for now I've gotten rid of 99% of it with the new end links which can typically be the cause.

I'm 1 part short of building my own adjustable track bar otherwise I would have put the time in yesterday.......gave away a lot of steering components I thought I'd never need last year............wrong again.

Quick Reply: Super Model With Bad Crack Habit Rehab Build-