Build Threads Create a build thread to compile pictures and descriptions of your LR build.

Super Model With Bad Crack Habit Rehab Build-

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 06:47 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Only thing I have time for is to buy parts online.....
I'm good at that........
Bought 2" fender flares out of Russia this morning........
I think they'll work......
Looking at lift's..........Probably log onto Lucky8.....
My springs are shot & shocks feel rough, so I might as well dive in.......
No time to tinker with bumpers right now.......
Need to order my winch, but with no bumper.........what's the hurry?

Parts are piling up.......need to take a day for myself soon.

Back when I had time, my kid used to like to mess with the parts that Brown Santa brought.....Now it's just video games and LOOK,LOOK,LOOK......Ugh, those were the days!

Old 04-10-2016, 07:55 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 399 Likes on 383 Posts

I'm surprised your son still has his head cuz in my family it woulda popped off from so much hug'n......... That's one of the cutest tikes I've ever seen!

The following users liked this post:
Detoured Discovey (04-11-2016)
Old 04-11-2016, 05:31 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Thank you, he was a pretty cute guy in his early years........9 now, waiting for him to ask me for a razor........

This is my favorite.........

Name:  OC01W.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  34.5 KB

He prefers the Rova' over the Honda going to the bus stop.

ihscouts (04-11-2016)
Old 04-11-2016, 06:32 PM
Camel Trophy

That little man belonged in COMMERCIALS!!@!!

Old 04-12-2016, 06:12 PM
Recovery Vehicle

LOL.....Thank you again...........I honestly thought about it for a year, I've been exposed to the business. But, if your going to attempt something like that you need major city exposer.......Which would be Cincy for me currently, 2 hours away. My father took the second picture who was a professional photographer/graphic artist for 40 years working with people from the Navy to Jacobs Engineering (Jake Brake...think tractor trailers) and everything in between...........He used me a lot in photo shoots......never got paid..
When I was 16 I was dating a girl who's father owned a studio in Connecticut and actually did get paid......$100 bucks an hour.......I should have pursued it but if you think about it.......it's a short lived gig....so...the money is short lived......Did shoots for Stanley tools, K Mart and a few others........at 16 the chick factor was huge..........but I was dating the photographers daughter.....it got complicated...........lol, I'll stop there.

Back to Owen, it's like soccer.......your brilliant for 2 years, then you loose interest or suck.........same thing really.

Old 04-24-2016, 06:08 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Nothing new, no time.........just turning the key and going....
Hopefully I'll make some time soon for some add on's & updates, meanwhile....busier than a one legged man in a kick boxing fight!

Looking forward to a lift & my flares from Russia!!

GIDDY UP!!

Old 05-22-2016, 04:46 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Well...........it's been awhile.........really nothing but street use chasing crap for work.....My free time is evenings........and so it happened....

It was the 20th.......1 night before our full moon.........I ran the ridge line solo myself prior that evening........total success.....

But then I gathered 3 more rigs.....a Cherokee, a Yota.....a Nissan.......The mountain grew angry....

We've had....3-4 weeks of rain here, my first jaunt up the grade seems too easy, little did I know I opened red dirt veins of destruction for the second jaunt.....I did.....

With'in two hours of my decent I formed the group, we were heading up, the mountain was angry......Cherokee, Yota, Nissan all in file.......kept hearing 'we're following you'.......so I lead........never saw the Nissan after the first grade, this was 'all' vertical..........I got hog tied by a log as I slipped sideways at one point, keeping the momentum the Cherokee passed (don't blame him at all!) and slung mountain mud totally across my bow......I laughed........I weaseled out of the log just to nudge a tree hearing the rev limiter doing it's thing......bang-bang-bang.......love it!!! I made it to the top after the Cherokee............the Yota fell victim to gravity 50 feet short of the top.....Nissan....no head lights at all..........All & all......a good night, bumps & brushes but this is wheeling......I have over 4 hours into the clean up without repairs thus far......gotta love it!

Life is good...................................so far.

Old 05-22-2016, 08:21 PM
Camel Trophy

Been missing a good read........ you did not disappoint as usual.

Detoured Discovey (05-23-2016)
Old 05-23-2016, 08:07 AM
Mudding
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I keep itching at the day when I can take my disco out on an adventure like that....well done and keep it up!

Detoured Discovey (05-23-2016)
Old 05-23-2016, 09:47 AM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's a mud in spray

Quick Reply: Super Model With Bad Crack Habit Rehab Build-