Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Driver's Window Problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2018, 10:04 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver's Window Problem

I have 2 discos. A 95 D1 and a 2002 D2. The D1 was the first to develop this problem and then today the D2 came down with it. The driver window will not operate. Tested switch, it is ok. I did have the problem with the 2 rear windows on the D1 for which I found a solution which involved resoldering a joint on the ECM under the dash.
Any ideas or solutions for this recent problem?

To add to the problem: On the D2, The interior lights work some days and don't work some. When I lock the doors with key fob sometimes it chirps the horn and sometimes it doesn't. The cruse control never works. That is all at the moment.

Last edited by Pastor Bob; 12-10-2018 at 10:44 PM.
Old 12-19-2018, 09:12 PM
Overlanding

Welcome to the Discozone! It's something like the twighlight zone but costs a lot more.. These things are developing problems just sitting there.. Its amazing how something works one day then the next day it does not. I hope somebody chimes in to help you... You're probably not the only one with the problems you have. I got problems with my interior lights as well. I have a 97 Disco 1. I put the front Dome light in and it just stayed on no matter what. Now I know why the previous owner took it out. When I open my drivers side door the lights come on under the rear view mirror but when I open passenger side door no lights come on. Is this normal? I replaced the passenger side door switch... No fix.. Sorry I didnt post a fix for ya... I'm interested to know myself how you end up fixing your problem..

Old 12-20-2018, 10:17 AM
Drifting

I have discovered that on my 2002 Disco 2 when it rains the interior lights come on and work fine. but after it dries out they quit working. I did get the driver's window to work by taking the door panel off and unplugging the window motor and reseating that plug. It now works great, but not to hold my breath. I am sure some other strange thing will occur. Waiting for the other shoe to fall....

Old 03-20-2019, 03:44 AM
Drifting

my driver window did not go down for a couple of years, I did nothing and now it works. Same with the driver door lock which did not work when I got the old disco, now suddenly it works.

Old 03-20-2019, 10:01 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 91 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by roverlady1
my driver window did not go down for a couple of years, I did nothing and now it works. Same with the driver door lock which did not work when I got the old disco, now suddenly it works.
you have done something to please the Rover Gods..............

Old 03-21-2019, 11:17 AM
Drifting
Thumbs up landrover windows

I went to a wrecking yard and obtained the center console which is between the two seats and it controls all the windows, just replacing it will probably solve the problem, but its a short in that wiring for sure.