Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Engine removal update

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2012 | 06:15 PM
Team Owner

See, I told you it was a simple mistake.
Make sure you close the claim.

Old 06-10-2012 | 06:24 PM
|
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by Spike555
See, I told you it was a simple mistake.
Make sure you close the claim.
The driver needs glasses or needs to be taught his numbers again. LOL Costly mistake. I would hope fedex refunds the dif.

Old 06-10-2012 | 06:59 PM
Team Owner

Costly how?
Refund what to who?

Old 06-10-2012 | 07:04 PM
|
Rock Crawling

Costly how?
Refund what to who?
Man hours of people, data and time of two companies Rock Auto and Fedex having to locate or find or open any case to look for a product.
I paid for overnight shipping, 18 dollars. ( the product was not delivered as agreed)
Refund from Fedex to Rock Auto and Rock auto to me.

Time is valuable to everysingel person that was in volved in this tranaction from the dirver who picked up the box to the sorters to the loaders etc. to get this product to my front door as advertised.

would you agree?

Old 06-10-2012 | 07:28 PM
Team Owner

Like I said before, those types of neighborhoods are the worst ones to deliver too.

I suppose you've never made a mistake at work?

There was no time involved from FedEx, you called a call center, they sent a e-mail.
The driver will get "mail" the next time he/she works to go look for the package and a manager will ask them about the package.
The driver looks at the "mail", it will have your address, if he has time he will drive to your house or if he remembers mis delivering the package to the house he delivered to to pick up the package and bring it to your house.
You already have the package, if you call and cancel the claim you save him the time and hassle of investigating the claim, but I'm sure you wont because you're pissed, and you have the right to be.
The most costly part of the whole deal is RockAuto sending you a duplicate part for free.

Cookie cutter neighborhood's are the worst ones to deliver too, every single house looks the same, the house numbers are small because they dont want to "dirty up" their house or mail box with numbers.

I've delivered to everything from multi million dollar homes owned by pro athletes and world wide business owners to the ghetto, I get more claims/complaints from the rich than the poor.
"I wanted the package put in the garage not the front porch"
"I was at the mall, the driver needs to come back so I can sign for my package"

In the poor neighborhoods everyone is very appreciative of the hard work we do dealing with the weather, traffic, road construction, dogs etc.

Old 06-10-2012 | 07:42 PM
|
Rock Crawling

Like I said before, those types of neighborhoods are the worst ones to deliver too.

I suppose you've never made a mistake at work?

There was no time involved from FedEx, you called a call center, they sent a e-mail.
The driver will get "mail" the next time he/she works to go look for the package and a manager will ask them about the package.
The driver looks at the "mail", it will have your address, if he has time he will drive to your house or if he remembers mis delivering the package to the house he delivered to to pick up the package and bring it to your house.
You already have the package, if you call and cancel the claim you save him the time and hassle of investigating the claim, but I'm sure you wont because you're pissed, and you have the right to be.
The most costly part of the whole deal is RockAuto sending you a duplicate part for free.

Cookie cutter neighborhood's are the worst ones to deliver too, every single house looks the same, the house numbers are small because they dont want to "dirty up" their house or mail box with numbers.

I've delivered to everything from multi million dollar homes owned by pro athletes and world wide business owners to the ghetto, I get more claims/complaints from the rich than the poor.
"I wanted the package put in the garage not the front porch"
"I was at the mall, the driver needs to come back so I can sign for my package"

In the poor neighborhoods everyone is very appreciative of the hard work we do dealing with the weather, traffic, road construction, dogs etc.

Your response to this seems 10 fold more than my concern. Fact is it seems your response is personal as you had to ask me if I ever make mistakes?
Back the caboose.

Understand the sit rep.

I did not open the case Rock auto did.
With in 5 minutes of the box being delivered to my home two emails were sent to some lady at fedex and Ray at rock auto telling them the product was received from the home owners at 7815.

A mistake was made, thats a fact.

Now........let move on to something more relevant like getting a Landy back on the road instead of defending fedex or its employees who are human.

I get it, I understand. I'm with you. You have no enemy here. I still like Fedex, they have a great product. People make mistakes. We are fallable. Nobody is perfect. The world sucks. LOL

can we drop this? I just thought I would give a update on the situation. nothing more. I did not mean to make this a personal thing/

BTW: ROYAL PURPLE ROCKS! LOL

Cheers bro. All is good.

Old 06-10-2012 | 08:13 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Discolife
Your response to this seems 10 fold more than my concern. Fact is it seems your response is personal as you had to ask me if I ever make mistakes?
Back the caboose.

Understand the sit rep.

I did not open the case Rock auto did.
With in 5 minutes of the box being delivered to my home two emails were sent to some lady at fedex and Ray at rock auto telling them the product was received from the home owners at 7815.

A mistake was made, thats a fact.

Now........let move on to something more relevant like getting a Landy back on the road instead of defending fedex or its employees who are human.

I get it, I understand. I'm with you. You have no enemy here. I still like Fedex, they have a great product. People make mistakes. We are fallable. Nobody is perfect. The world sucks. LOL

can we drop this? I just thought I would give a update on the situation. nothing more. I did not mean to make this a personal thing/

BTW: ROYAL PURPLE ROCKS! LOL

Cheers bro. All is good.
It's all good bro, it's all good.
I've been on both sides of the fence, so I understand, nothing against you, nothing against FedEx.
Not all of their drivers are as good as I am.

Now, get your damn truck back on the road!!!