Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Help with disco 2 driveshaft intall in to disco 1

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2014 | 10:34 PM
|
Drifting

FishEH how u like those duratracs? I've got a set and have got to utilize them. Still makin my disco fit the tired I bought, lol

Old 01-10-2014 | 11:13 PM
Camel Trophy

Originally Posted by dusty1
Show off... What +size ax stops do you have stuffed in there? I kind of see the left, +2?
Those bumpstops are around +2" I think. I need to rework them because they aren't really doing anything right now. I changed out my Rancho shocks to Fox 2.0's with Eibach integrated bumpstops.

I ran the DuraTracs for about 30,000 miles. They were a great tire, excelled in everything but thick mud. They still had about 60% treadlife left when I sold them.

Old 01-13-2014 | 08:13 PM
|
Drifting

Got a transfer case output flang and paragon brake lines ordered today. Thanks for the imput guys! One question. For the rear drive shaft, getting rid of the flex joint, can I get another front off a d2 and have the double Cardin joint cut off and welded to the existing rear shaft. Then buy a different imput to the rear differential? What's the easiest and most cost effective way to get rid of the rotoflex? Thanks.

Old 01-14-2014 | 07:58 AM
Camel Trophy

Originally Posted by Murph9265
Got a transfer case output flang and paragon brake lines ordered today. Thanks for the imput guys! One question. For the rear drive shaft, getting rid of the flex joint, can I get another front off a d2 and have the double Cardin joint cut off and welded to the existing rear shaft. Then buy a different imput to the rear differential? What's the easiest and most cost effective way to get rid of the rotoflex? Thanks.
I don't think cutting/welding anything is a good idea or necessary.
What you need to convert the rear driveshaft is offered in kit form from Atlantic British. Drive Shaft Conversion Kit For Land Rover Discovery Vehicles

You're definitely going to want to get rid of that RotoFlex with 3" lift. The question that you'll face though is: Do you need a regular driveshaft back there, or a Double Cardan? That will depend on your pinion angles, which you won't really know until you lift it.
At the very least you'll need the four-bolt flange for the rear diff.
Paul Grant on this board may be able to get you the kit too with good used parts to save some money. Nothing wrong with a used flange and rebuilt driveshaft.