Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Let me clear something up.

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 09:16 PM
Super Moderator
Received 83 Likes on 80 Posts

Moto Guzzi is one fine ride - do they still have the V mounted sideways? Honda copied that for a while in the 80's with a 650cc water cooled shaft drive.

Old 08-20-2011, 09:24 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jdhuegel1
I took my Yukon Denali to the dealership to repair a failed intake manifold gasket under warranty.

They replaced the gasket, replaced front brake pads, flushed the radiator, and replaced the cabin filters... and tried to bill me for it; to the tune of like 300 bucks.

The word stealership is perfectly applicable in this case. Although they didn't actually steal anything, only tried to screw me.

It was warranty work so I did not want to do it myself... never again will I go to a dealership unless it's to trade the damn thing in.

If you're a good mechanic, and are honest, good for you.
front brake pads are wear and tear. unless there is a fault with the front brake system.

Depending on the year of your Yukon, coolant flush is part of scheduled maintenance.

and apparently, that's all dealerships do, is cabin filters... so that's granted.

Old 08-21-2011, 01:13 AM
TReK
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by demonlarry
Unfortunately, I'm a motorcycle tech now, but, If any of you have a Vespa, Moto-Guzzi, or Aprilia that needs servicing or repair in the North New Jersey area, pm me, and I'll hook you up!
I've always wanted a Moto-Guzzi...and I love my '79 P125X.

Old 08-21-2011, 03:23 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The Guzzi's are rock solid bikes. Had a friend that was a sales manager, which benefited free test rides. He personally owned a V11. It was cool, rode nice, turned in nicely....but, ahhh...it's personality type bike, just like a Saab.

Good to know there is an Audi-tech (ColoDisco) on this forum. Wish I had your opinion when my mom's B5 was last serviced......

Old 08-22-2011, 09:01 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My wife and I have 18 scooters. All Vespa and Lambretta.

Guzzis are fantastic bikes. but, yes, a bit of a personality bike...SAAB is a good comparison. Land Rover probably better...

the inside joke is, Moto Guzzi owners allow themselves one new bike per lifetime.

Aprilia is making a beautiful line of bikes.

Finishing up a resto on a P125 at work now! and we're a dealer... and we get our hands dirty.

Old 08-22-2011, 10:03 AM
TReK
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by demonlarry
My wife and I have 18 scooters. All Vespa and Lambretta.

Guzzis are fantastic bikes. but, yes, a bit of a personality bike...SAAB is a good comparison. Land Rover probably better...

the inside joke is, Moto Guzzi owners allow themselves one new bike per lifetime.

Aprilia is making a beautiful line of bikes.

Finishing up a resto on a P125 at work now! and we're a dealer... and we get our hands dirty.
Are you on MV?

Old 08-22-2011, 10:07 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I come from a land rover dealership. Difference between me and the independent down the street is that im a Technician not a mechanic. I fix electrical issues that the independent shops dont have resources for. If you cant afford to maintain a luxury suv may that be your burden. Then you can start a new thread onto why your water pump/head gaskets/check engine light etc etc keeps failing.independants use mediocre parts to raise the profit. Dealerships use the correct parts.

This is not directed towards anyone just speaking my mind