Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Painting next week.

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 02:37 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

He fails to mention that his paint is the only thing left stock on that truck. It's basically a monster truck. And yeah 400 bucks to wrap the truck is too much...for now. One day maybe. No worries for the beers. Thanks for loaning the scanner. See you at rausch haha.

Old 10-03-2011, 03:00 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

i took my stock d2 there on street tires no cdl and no traction control. tore a lot of plastic off but no major damage. next time i went i had trimmed the front bumper... that is something that is free that you can do before you go.

Old 10-03-2011, 04:07 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by turf63
He fails to mention that his paint is the only thing left stock on that truck. It's basically a monster truck. And yeah 400 bucks to wrap the truck is too much...for now. One day maybe. No worries for the beers. Thanks for loaning the scanner. See you at rausch haha.

Hey the seats are stock too and the door handles!

Old 10-05-2011, 12:09 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

S***! Well looks like I wont be painting jack for the week. Just found out the pillars behind the rear doors are rusted out through the wheel well on both sides.

Looks like I'll be getting some good use out of that grinder collecting dust in the shop. I feel like I'm earning a Doctorate in "Jack of All Trades. . . Master of None" LOL

I need a beer. Think I'll go trim that front bumper. . .

Old 10-05-2011, 05:35 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

if those fogs aren't cracked you can sell them on here. someone will buy em with a stock truck that doesnt have em or needs em replaced.

Old 10-06-2011, 02:08 PM
Recovery Vehicle

James, the only issue with rhino lining the truck is i heard it fades real bad in the sun. So you'd probably be re-applying more than you want to. Like every 2 years maybe? Thats a pain. IDK.

Old 10-06-2011, 03:46 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Paul Grant
..... closer to the old Matchbox and Corgi cars I had as a kid.
You are revealing your age sir! I still have all my little cars. I think I have an old Series model in this color.... I will have to dig them out.

Old 10-06-2011, 11:53 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by turf63
James, the only issue with rhino lining the truck is i heard it fades real bad in the sun. So you'd probably be re-applying more than you want to. Like every 2 years maybe? Thats a pain. IDK.
I got the sample pack from the vinyl supplier today. I'm Pretty sure I'm going to go that route as the gloss metallic samples look real cool and I like the idea of easy removal and replacement if necessary. There is whole set of mat samples here too if you want to check em out.

TBH I think I may be getting ahead of myself here. Need to take care of that rust that reared it's ugly head first and I'm not liking how these OME 751 762 springs are sitting. Projects Projects Projects.

Old 10-07-2011, 07:58 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i think it's cool you have matchbox cars. i hope they are displayed proudly.

i'm pretty sure I'm going to do my roof and hood scoop in the flat black vinyl. I shouldn't be parking under all those low lying trees anyway.

and i'm bummed to hear that the rhino liner fades...that's upcoming also.

Last edited by slanginsanjuan; 10-07-2011 at 07:59 AM. Reason: add
Old 10-07-2011, 08:16 AM
Recovery Vehicle

I def want to check out those samples. Going that route is going to cost a lot of money though. MY thinking was, since the roof is the widest panel, find out what the next widest is and see if you can get away with a 48" roll if all the other panels are slimmer than 48". That way only the roof would have a seam and no one would really see that. because the 48" roll is way cheaper right?
I'm also ahead of myself. My paint is in pretty good shape and i just had a big conversation with brian about how i need to stop throwing money at making my truck LOOK pretty and, need to start spending money making it WORK pretty. i'm pretty sure i could sink 10-15k in this truck no problem.

Quick Reply: Painting next week.