Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

So what did you do to your Disco today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 05:04 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by greenharoguy
Finnished up the head job, now the hood wont happen. If it isnt one thing, its always another
Hood pins

Old 02-20-2013, 08:18 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nuff said. And I actually am contemplating hood pins. Is their a certain brand thats better then others? I dont want to buy some hoonigan hood pins that are going to fail going 70 MPH down the freeway.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:06 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by greenharoguy
It's winking at me. It makes me uncomfortable.

Old 02-20-2013, 10:14 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 226 Likes on 195 Posts

I have the Sparco hood pins. Got them for $15 shipped on eBay. I chose those because the pins stayed retained even when unlatched and there's no cables or pins dangling.
Sparco USA

Old 02-21-2013, 09:44 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Autofab off-road hood pins. They're very thick and sturdy, and the pin receiver is made out of a vibration resistant polymer. You'll have to make a bracket to position them though.

See below:
https://landroverforums.com/forum/di...41/#post324711

Old 02-21-2013, 10:01 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by keoni004
I rewired my Hella 4000's and Micro DE fogs. Fogs are running off the stock fog switch like most folks. I do a lot of late-night and early-morning driving on the back roads which are rarely illuminated and the stock headlights suck, so I use my Hellas pretty often. It's awkward to reach up to the dash with my stubby arms to shut them off when I see cars in the distance, so I have them run to a toggle on the cubby box. It's exactly where my hand rests while I drive, so now I can just flick them on and off with my thumb.

Edit: Oh yeah, also realized that my passenger right rear window wasn't working because the switch was disconnected in the center console. Plugged in, works fine now.
Fwiw, I have similar use case for lights and wired my hella 550's (on rack) relay to my high beam circuit so they are controlled by the stock with the switch as override.

Old 02-21-2013, 10:34 AM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

Got tired of looking at that peeling Beluga-Black-back-in-the-day roof, wrapped her in plastic and rattle canned the roof. Not pretty, but a major improvement.

Old 02-21-2013, 11:36 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This past Saturday a buddy and I did the FJ80 coil lift in my D1. Gained around 2.5" all around - looks awesome! Ready for some snow to melt up in the high country so I can really test it. Looks like my first test will be sometime in April when I head to Moab.

I also replaced my purge valve with the Hyundai version - CEL is gone! There have been quite a few topics on this and if this one would work in a D1 - well I can confirm that it does work.

Oh - and I sanded & plasti-dipped (is that even a proper word?) the rear door sills where there was some rust.

Next up will be replacing the front crankshaft seal and o-rings in the rear axle.

Old 02-21-2013, 12:53 PM
Drifting

Finally got round to a day of checking and fixing..
Welding job on the inner right front wing, was much bigger than I anticipated and ended up going all the way through to the cabin just under wiring loom (You can see it in the picture I think)
Left outer wing mounted properly,
Fixed the ABS after using the "bridge 5 and 15 method" , Fixed all the lights which now work properly including the towbar,
Checked oil levels and made a to do list...

Attached Thumbnails So what did you do to your Disco today?-rusty-landyy.jpg   So what did you do to your Disco today?-notrustylandy.jpg  
Old 02-21-2013, 12:57 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 226 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by jamescphillips
This past Saturday a buddy and I did the FJ80 coil lift in my D1. Gained around 2.5" all around - looks awesome! Ready for some snow to melt up in the high country so I can really test it. Looks like my first test will be sometime in April when I head to Moab.

I also replaced my purge valve with the Hyundai version - CEL is gone! There have been quite a few topics on this and if this one would work in a D1 - well I can confirm that it does work.

Oh - and I sanded & plasti-dipped (is that even a proper word?) the rear door sills where there was some rust.

Next up will be replacing the front crankshaft seal and o-rings in the rear axle.
VERY interested in this! What year D1 do you have? I just got code 1447 again and its pissing me off. A new LR purge valve is like $300. Do you have a part # for the Hyundai?

Quick Reply: So what did you do to your Disco today?