Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

So what did you do to your Disco today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 11:23 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MjrWraith
Well my t-case shifter engaged the CDL and wouldn't shift from hi to lo but wouldn't disengage the CDL. So I tore down the center console and fixed the issue. Also changed the t-case fluid while I was at it.Also discovered someone else had been in it before. They cut out the rubber boot and insulator. So now I get to hunt down some new ones...yay.
May be able to help you out. Tearing into a parts truck this weekend weather permitting. I'll check and see if PT needs the rubber boot with the cdl

Old 05-31-2013, 06:45 AM
Mudding
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

LOVE this, excellent work! Man I wish mine was white....the only car I can think of where white is my preferred color choice. Heck I wish I could find a cheap white one and transfer my parts. Mine has some sort of flat black section on the hood but given its color it's hard to see. I will do something to the lower half as you did though, if nothing else for some protection and such.

So this weekend I'm tackling the cooling system. Rad, water pump, tstat (assuming I'm adding), couple hoses, electric fan. Will swap tires from steel NATO's (for sale!!) onto stock rims as well. I will also investigate installing the headers though I doubt I'll do it, likely won't have time. Also need to look at cleaning up the fender trimming (one of the previous owners) to attach the D2 flares.

I'll take pics of work at least for posterity. Gotta get picking away at it all though, t minus 28 days til departure to the UP for 10 days.

Cheers.

Originally Posted by Scope
Just finished applying Duracoat bed liner to my rocker panels and hood.

Old 05-31-2013, 09:44 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

New fan clutch installed last night and a new fuel temp sensor.

I'll know for sure tonight on my way home if the fan clutch was the root of my temp problem...but if it is - then I'm heading up into the mountains next weekend for some wheeling!

Old 05-31-2013, 11:54 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 226 Likes on 195 Posts

Whereabouts in the UP are you headed? 4 of us Rover guys from Chicago went to the UP last Oct. It was a great time but not nearly long enough. We're looking to get back up there this Fall again, maybe Sept. We only had about 2 days up there and hung out around the My Arvon area and the Big Cut. There was a bunch of "Oh that would be awesome to check out" stuff that we bypassed because we were too schedule driven.
Check out Upper Peninsula Overland: Upper Michigan Adventure Tourism. Get Out. if you haven't already.
Our pictures from the trip can be found here:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v622/fishEH/Fall UP Trip 2012

Originally Posted by RacerX
LOVE this, excellent work! Man I wish mine was white....the only car I can think of where white is my preferred color choice. Heck I wish I could find a cheap white one and transfer my parts. Mine has some sort of flat black section on the hood but given its color it's hard to see. I will do something to the lower half as you did though, if nothing else for some protection and such.

So this weekend I'm tackling the cooling system. Rad, water pump, tstat (assuming I'm adding), couple hoses, electric fan. Will swap tires from steel NATO's (for sale!!) onto stock rims as well. I will also investigate installing the headers though I doubt I'll do it, likely won't have time. Also need to look at cleaning up the fender trimming (one of the previous owners) to attach the D2 flares.

I'll take pics of work at least for posterity. Gotta get picking away at it all though, t minus 28 days til departure to the UP for 10 days.

Cheers.

Last edited by fishEH; 05-31-2013 at 11:59 AM.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:28 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Scope
Just finished applying Duracoat bed liner to my rocker panels and hood.

How did you apply the duracoat bed liner ?

Old 05-31-2013, 01:55 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by fishEH
Whereabouts in the UP are you headed? 4 of us Rover guys from Chicago went to the UP last Oct. It was a great time but not nearly long enough. We're looking to get back up there this Fall again, maybe Sept. We only had about 2 days up there and hung out around the My Arvon area and the Big Cut. There was a bunch of "Oh that would be awesome to check out" stuff that we bypassed because we were too schedule driven.
Check out Upper Peninsula Overland: Upper Michigan Adventure Tourism. Get Out. if you haven't already.
Our pictures from the trip can be found here:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v622/fishEH/Fall UP Trip 2012
Staying in St. Ignace the first nite then up to Whitefish Pt the next day. Later that day heading to Munising for a couple days. From there will spend 5 days in Eagle Harbor. My wife and I went to school at Mich Tech and we've never taken our kids up there. I've done some wheeling up there many years ago and there's plenty to do. There's a couple state ORV trails around Houghton plus other non ORV stuff we'll check out. Nothing too crazy but not 2 track stuff either.

Cheers.

Old 05-31-2013, 01:59 PM
Mudding

I'm checking out this UP Overland stuff as well as your pics!

Old 05-31-2013, 02:14 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RacerX
Staying in St. Ignace the first nite then up to Whitefish Pt the next day. Later that day heading to Munising for a couple days. From there will spend 5 days in Eagle Harbor. My wife and I went to school at Mich Tech and we've never taken our kids up there. I've done some wheeling up there many years ago and there's plenty to do. There's a couple state ORV trails around Houghton plus other non ORV stuff we'll check out. Nothing too crazy but not 2 track stuff either.

Cheers.
Thanks guys, Comes in a spraycan.

Old 05-31-2013, 08:50 PM
Drifting
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Picked up a couple FJ coils locally, just need shocks and shock bushings and I will be ready for my suspension overhaul.

Old 05-31-2013, 09:42 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Finally got some cup holders that are worth a crap. Gonna be nice!
Name:  photobucket-193325-1370052900814_zpsde1f7dac.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  57.2 KB

Quick Reply: So what did you do to your Disco today?