Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

So what did you do to your Disco today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 07:56 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Name:  wheels.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  115.7 KB
Name:  mailgooglecom.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  117.9 KB

Got my new wheels installed. Makes the Rover look so much more aggressive! Just need some center caps or paint the hubs. And the best part is I can actually turn again!

Old 04-20-2012, 08:12 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Nice dude looks good!!!

Here's what I did with mine today...

3rd gen Ford 19# injectors, sorry for the blurry pic, Ended up getting them dead centered and then got the clips on probably more for looks but absolutely no leaks.

Then I got brave and tackled the rusty fuel filter... It was not easy to get off but got the new one on and... no leaks!! Must be my lucky day

Old 04-20-2012, 08:53 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Picked up new pads and rotors, gonna grease the drive train today as well.

Old 04-20-2012, 09:06 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

All three of you guys did great, Love the new wheels. LOOKS BADASS, BILLY BADASS.

LET US KNOW HOW THE FORD INJECTORS WORK OUT,

And grease, grease, grease, A discovery's favorite diet.

Old 04-20-2012, 09:14 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Switched out the back left fender after arguing with a guy at a body shop for five minutes because he kept insisting that they would have to remove the bumper to remove the fender because it was slightly bent; ended up just going across the street buying a wrench and doing it on the spot instead. Also threw in a new drivers seat control, some new trim for the center console, found out that since my fluid change my CDL has gotten freed up (YEAAAA!!!!). Spent a few minutes gently running through getting the lever adjusted as I was prepared to have to switch it since the PO told me that neither he nor the previous owner who owned the car since about 30k had ever used the CDL. Also threw in a new tail light.

Only gotta get this damn bumper cover on, change out my front diff fluid and swivel pin housings and then wait for the leaks to show up

Old 04-20-2012, 09:50 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by CUpgt

Got my new wheels installed. Makes the Rover look so much more aggressive! Just need some center caps or paint the hubs. And the best part is I can actually turn again!
Nice!

So I guess 4wheelparts worked out well?

Old 04-21-2012, 08:10 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Nice...

Originally Posted by CUpgt

Forget the center caps...Looks great without them.... Very Nice... I am putting these on my 00 and 04 DII...

Nice looking rig... Chris

Old 04-21-2012, 11:26 AM
Pro Wrench

CU...i'm lovin that bumper. Jake, ya don't stop...i gotta do that fuel filter too.

edit...really a stinger except it's end to end.

Old 04-21-2012, 12:13 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I fixed my drivers seat switch and the window regulator broke. It's a conspiracy.

Old 04-21-2012, 12:50 PM
Winching
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I took off the front bumper, brush guard, grill, tran oil cooler(oil is dark ) and both condenser fans. On the right fan(as you're looking at them) both right side little bolts broke, left side bottom right bolt broke. Then the screws that hold the motors are rusted tight. Might just drill them out, oh wait I don't have a drill. I tried to take off the fan clutch(done it twice without a holding tool) but now I'm unable to . Looks like I'll be buying the holding tool, ugh.

All the rusty bolts/screws that keep breaking are discouraging.

Quick Reply: So what did you do to your Disco today?