Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

So what did you do to your Disco today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 11:35 AM
TReK
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I drove it last night...does that count?

Old 05-09-2012, 11:57 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got my Ultra Gauge in the mail about 20 minutes ago.. gonna slap it in and see how it works in a few. Ohh, and I found that the reason that the cruise isn't working is because the vacuum tubes aren't connected to the dash, so I slapped a vacuum sealer on the end of the tube that cones out of the throttle.

Does anyone know what size light bulb goes in the front interior dome?

Last edited by murrydan; 05-09-2012 at 12:06 PM.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:33 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by murrydan
Just got my Ultra Gauge in the mail about 20 minutes ago.. gonna slap it in and see how it works in a few. Ohh, and I found that the reason that the cruise isn't working is because the vacuum tubes aren't connected to the dash, so I slapped a vacuum sealer on the end of the tube that cones out of the throttle.

Does anyone know what size light bulb goes in the front interior dome?
interior bulb is a "festoon bulb 12V/10W"

Attached Thumbnails So what did you do to your Disco today?-festoon-bulb-12v-10w.jpg  
Old 05-09-2012, 12:44 PM
Mudding
Default Grocery Shopping!!

Stopped at the LD dealer to setup a service appointment for the B156 gas tank recall. Then picked up a few things at the grocer. Hopefully this weekend I can tackle my headliner that is sagging all over the place and purchase a u-joint for a potential replacement. Hope this counts and It doesn't make me look like to much of a sally!

Old 05-09-2012, 01:57 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by llesra
I just put a salisbury out of a 110 in the rear of my 97 disco. Also installed a cobra cb radio.

That looks SWEET!

Old 05-09-2012, 05:24 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by fishEH
Finally got to test out the new suspension. Worked awesome, just a few bugs to work out and it'll be tight!
Here's what I was going for(not my truck):

Looks great! Quick question: Which Hi-Lift mount is that on your spare? I/m trying to fab one up and it would be great to get a better look at yours.

Thanks, Tom

Old 05-09-2012, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Disco28
Stopped at the LD dealer to setup a service appointment for the B156 gas tank recall. Then picked up a few things at the grocer. Hopefully this weekend I can tackle my headliner that is sagging all over the place and purchase a u-joint for a potential replacement. Hope this counts and It doesn't make me look like to much of a sally!

It will be interesting to see how that goes. Do not be surprised if they find a lotof other things that need to be addressed while they have it.

Old 05-09-2012, 08:53 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Replaced my rear 1" spacers with 2" spacers to level it out and prepare for my new HLC rear bumper. Sittin at about 4" of lift now.. Also got the A-bar welded on and painted up I think it looks pretty good..

Old 05-09-2012, 09:10 PM

I was driving mine today and next thing I knew, there was some lady in a new Lexus stopped in front of me with her left turn signal on waiting to turn into our bank.

I was doing about 45 or so and closing way too fast. I slammed on the brakes, jerked tghe wheel hard to the right and barely missed her as I slid off the pavement onto a wide grassy area that was wet from rain.

I missed hitting the rear corner of her car by just a few inches. I got off the brake, gave it some gas and went right around her thru the wet grass. After I made sure I was past her, I eased back onto the road and continued down to the next intersection.

All that because my wife was running low on cigarettes and i wasn't really attentive to the traffic ahead. I am just thankful i was able to avoid hitting her, as it probably would have totalled my Disco and sent her head-on into oncoming traffic.

Man, that was a shaky experience. The Disco handled it well.

Old 05-10-2012, 12:14 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Just bough $800 worth of stuff:
cooling system hoses
heater hoses
swivel pin/ball kits
orange polybush kit
yada yada yada

Quick Reply: So what did you do to your Disco today?