Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

So what did you do to your Disco today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 10:12 AM
Super Moderator
Received 226 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by MM3846
good luck with all that. i think next summer i'll be getting a new rad, but i'll be going with the el cheapo plastic tank one. its nice to have a real temp gauge now so i know exactly whats going on.
I got this one works great, done some heavy offroading still works great, for me rodding was a waste of $

Old 08-17-2014, 06:14 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 142 Likes on 113 Posts

Junk yard today. Got both rocker shafts in great shape. Lifters. Pushrods. D2 shock towers. Bunch of relays and bolts.

Old 08-18-2014, 01:41 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Replaced the two rear door lock actuators and the window motor on the drivers rear door. Only too late did I realize that the plastic piece the window arm sits in is missing a chunk. However at least I was able to put everything back together and roll the window up without cobbling something together to keep the window in place.

It's nice that the rear door locks work now instead of only working one out of every 10 times since it was always the unlock that worked and I'd randomly have a door unlocked while I was at work or something.

I see the transfer case appears to be my biggest leak currently so will be resealing that and taking a peek inside to see how it looks.

Off to the forums to find threads on the plastic window part and transfer case. I know I've skimmed both before now to find them again.

Old 08-18-2014, 02:03 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by peterdemski
Replaced the two rear door lock actuators and the window motor on the drivers rear door. Only too late did I realize that the plastic piece the window arm sits in is missing a chunk. However at least I was able to put everything back together and roll the window up without cobbling something together to keep the window in place.

It's nice that the rear door locks work now instead of only working one out of every 10 times since it was always the unlock that worked and I'd randomly have a door unlocked while I was at work or something.

I see the transfer case appears to be my biggest leak currently so will be resealing that and taking a peek inside to see how it looks.
Off to the forums to find threads on the plastic window part and transfer case. I know I've skimmed both before now to find them again.

Nylon washers from Ace Hardware or the like. Get a few different diameters and thickness if you aren't going to take the track out and take it with you (recommended).

You can grind the rivet down on the back of the arm and pop out the rivet/roller wheel after you remove the regulator. Slip a new washer on (rivet is the axle of the roller) and tap the old rivet back in. Use a dab of JB weld to keep it in place. it will be really tight anyway. Make sure it's spaced out from the arm as far as the original one was. Grease the hell out of the track.

Last edited by Shiftonthefly1; 08-18-2014 at 02:26 PM.
Old 08-19-2014, 08:23 AM
Winching
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

took a personal day and drove the disco out to montauk for yesterday with my fiance. rolled 125k on the way back, hope it lasts another 125. i really love this truck.

iphone teaser pic:
Name:  UBLH8Xv.png
Views: 5
Size:  2.07 MB

Old 08-19-2014, 11:39 AM
Pro Wrench

Wow what a great pic!

Old 08-19-2014, 12:21 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice! I guess you're finally understanding that wheeling doesn't have to be about completely trashing your rig on extreme trails. :P

Old 08-19-2014, 04:41 PM
Winching
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Shiftonthefly1
Wow what a great pic!
thanks. working on pics i've taken over the past couple months until last weekend, i'll post some disco pics up later.

Originally Posted by 97GreenMeanie
nice! I guess you're finally understanding that wheeling doesn't have to be about completely trashing your rig on extreme trails. :P
oddly enough, i started to realize that AFTER i poured over 10 grand into my XJ.

Old 08-21-2014, 06:24 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MM3846
took a personal day and drove the disco out to montauk for yesterday with my fiance. rolled 125k on the way back, hope it lasts another 125. i really love this truck.

iphone teaser pic:
What a great photo. Reminds me of trips to the Superior side of the Michigan U. P. years ago. Hope to be able to visit places like this when my 98 disco is lined out. PS saved the photo to my laptop for inspiration.

Old 08-22-2014, 12:05 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 97GreenMeanie
Really hard trails are really fun though! And when you accept body damage as a part oof wheeling if gets super fun! It helps when your paint is shot to start with though

Quick Reply: So what did you do to your Disco today?