Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

So what did you do to your Disco today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 08:45 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by llesra
today i had my worn out bushings pressed out, had the radius arms sand blasted, powder coated silver, installed ironman bushings, and reinstalled the radius arms. busy day for the arms haha

nice.

Old 05-16-2012, 09:00 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 226 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by llesra
today i had my worn out bushings pressed out, had the radius arms sand blasted, powder coated silver, installed ironman bushings, and reinstalled the radius arms. busy day for the arms haha

Speaking of radius arms...... I sold three sets of stock radius arms to RoverTym for $225.

Old 05-16-2012, 10:01 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by fishEH
Speaking of radius arms...... I sold three sets of stock radius arms to RoverTym for $225.
How much did it cost to ship them?

Old 05-16-2012, 10:11 AM
Camel Trophy

Originally Posted by Jake1996D1
How much did it cost to ship them?
Bill sent me prepaid UPS Call Tags. So didn't cost me a thing. Well, I did buy a roll of that shrink wrap stuff so I'm $5 into it I guess.

Old 05-16-2012, 11:43 AM
Camel Trophy

And I just sold 4 Disco catalytic converters for $340.

Old 05-16-2012, 06:17 PM
Winching
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Took my heads to the shop, $140 for valve job and $45 for resurface(each head). Dropped off the rad at a rad shop, $75 to rod-out and clean out grime. Alternator was bad, got a rebuilt one coming(lifetime warranty). I should have everything by Friday. Total cost for parts $645. I still need another cond fan motor, hit Sam's club for the rotella oil and k&n air filter.

Old 05-16-2012, 06:30 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fishEH
so do you just email em and say you've got a pair of stock radius arms for sale? i'd take $75 for mine!

Old 05-16-2012, 09:01 PM
8th Gear

was in process of changing window regulator when transmission line went out on my way home....

Old 05-17-2012, 07:50 AM
Rock Crawling

I spent a weekend working on my window lift ECU. The biggest problem was getting the top connector plug off the circuit board. I read that this is a common problem. I finally got it off with a pair of pliers and a lot of force. Before I got it out I noticed that none of my windows were working - instead of just the rear ones. While getting the top connector off I had wiggled and pulled on the connector so much that I broke the solder joints for the top plug right where the wires go throught the board. So after resoldering those and attempting to solder the dry joint in the middle I still had rear window problems, so I did the jumper on the rear window connector and now all is well. I also got a used window ECU off fleaBay for when/if this fix gives out. Painful, but a good learning experience.

Old 05-17-2012, 08:01 AM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by DiscoJag
I spent a weekend working on my window lift ECU. The biggest problem was getting the top connector plug off the circuit board. I read that this is a common problem. I finally got it off with a pair of pliers and a lot of force. Before I got it out I noticed that none of my windows were working - instead of just the rear ones. While getting the top connector off I had wiggled and pulled on the connector so much that I broke the solder joints for the top plug right where the wires go throught the board. So after resoldering those and attempting to solder the dry joint in the middle I still had rear window problems, so I did the jumper on the rear window connector and now all is well. I also got a used window ECU off fleaBay for when/if this fix gives out. Painful, but a good learning experience.
i fixed mine this past weekend as well. i chose to bypass it with a single wire. thanks xceller. i did pretty much all 8 windows.

Quick Reply: So what did you do to your Disco today?