Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

So what did you do to your Disco today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 05:47 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking diff guard and new bolts

had some extra time today so i tossed on my front diff guard and replaced some old bolts that have seen better days some for grade 8 shiny zink coated ones ..next pay check is a set of gears , rear air lockers tires and front and back heavy duty axles..

only question i have is who makes off set rims for d1's ? i know only know about gulf coast rover... kinda need to keep the stock set for squeezing into the trailer..

Attached Thumbnails So what did you do to your Disco today?-wp_000300.jpg   So what did you do to your Disco today?-wp_000297.jpg   So what did you do to your Disco today?-wp_000295.jpg  
Old 11-08-2012, 11:37 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 226 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by d1eddie
had some extra time today so i tossed on my front diff guard and replaced some old bolts that have seen better days some for grade 8 shiny zink coated ones ..next pay check is a set of gears , rear air lockers tires and front and back heavy duty axles..

only question i have is who makes off set rims for d1's ? i know only know about gulf coast rover... kinda need to keep the stock set for squeezing into the trailer..
Egads dude!!!! Take that Jeep bumper off that D1, it looks terrible.
4WheelParts has some offset steel rims pretty cheap.

Old 11-09-2012, 12:00 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fishEH

Screw the jeep bumper, how about the jeep lift?! haha

Eddie once you put real tires on that thing you're going to want to take the spacers out because it's going to be 6" taller....

Old 11-09-2012, 08:59 PM
Drifting

kinda like my super cheep bumper it dose its job, also but ill check out 4wheelparts on my way home from work.

Old 11-09-2012, 09:05 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Jake1996D1
Screw the jeep bumper, how about the jeep lift?! haha

Eddie once you put real tires on that thing you're going to want to take the spacers out because it's going to be 6" taller....
going to leave the spacer for now and get newer taller stiffer springs want the 6" one with spacers ..so i can fit used 12x35mtr that i can get from my buddy of his race truck so a lot of cutting is going to be at hand... ..my goal was a budget recovery chase truck and camping rig. minus dealing with smog this d1 can take a beating so far.

Old 11-09-2012, 10:05 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 226 Likes on 195 Posts

going to leave the spacer for now and get newer taller stiffer springs want the 6" one with spacers ..so i can fit used 12x35mtr that i can get from my buddy of his race truck so a lot of cutting is going to be at hand... ..my goal was a budget recovery chase truck and camping rig. minus dealing with smog this d1 can take a beating so far.
Yeah I get the whole budget deal. I'm just saying that thing is Fugly.
Here's my friend's D1 with some sort of Jeep bumper. Looks much better IMO.
Name:  P1370082.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  303.6 KB

As far as lifting 6", have fun with that. It's not as easy as tossing some springs/spacers in and calling it good. Not on these trucks. If you want to drive it over 20mph you'll need radius and trailing arms and DC driveshafts minimum.

Old 11-10-2012, 12:59 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am running 35x12.50 MTR's on 3" RTE springs...

Here's a good pic of it on 3" lift - 1" spacer in the rear and 35's after I got the flares on.. Take my advice, lower her down and cut the fenders and save the driveability on and off road.

Old 11-10-2012, 08:42 AM
TReK
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

[IMG]imap://jeffreyefall@imap.gmail.com:993/fetch%3EUID%3E/Sent%3E15951?part=1.2.2[/IMG]

amber LEDs

Attached Thumbnails So what did you do to your Disco today?-discoveryiamber.jpg  
Old 11-10-2012, 01:15 PM
Drifting

Yeah I get the whole budget deal. I'm just saying that thing is Fugly.
Here's my friend's D1 with some sort of Jeep bumper. Looks much better IMO.

As far as lifting 6", have fun with that. It's not as easy as tossing some springs/spacers in and calling it good. Not on these trucks. If you want to drive it over 20mph you'll need radius and trailing arms and DC driveshafts minimum.
u cant see the green drive shafts and bent links , i got to take better pictures..blame the phone.
i just need to toss in longer cranked links and throw away the weak 3 link thing up top. and axles lockers gears.. right now my castor and camber is perfect , thanks to Perry McNeil .. drives better then it did before , even my local shops say there surprised how stable is can fill.. also very road worthy on the freeway with the valving i got from fox racing..

Old 11-10-2012, 01:22 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Jake1996D1
I am running 35x12.50 MTR's on 3" RTE springs...

Here's a good pic of it on 3" lift - 1" spacer in the rear and 35's after I got the flares on.. Take my advice, lower her down and cut the fenders and save the driveability on and off road.

only question is , i know i have a lot of cutting /trimming ahead(which i am very timid about doing, but when i got from 31" to 35 i am going to need to raise or lower my bump stops by 3-4 inches if i ditch my spacers wont the tires start impacting my fender wells on up cycles? ?also what size shocks did u get for that lift?

thanks you for your input.. no time to see the new defenders get trashed by MR 007 and day dream i had a 4 door defender pickup

Quick Reply: So what did you do to your Disco today?