Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

So what did you do to your Disco today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 10:18 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very pretty Jake. Mine is so faded all the clay bar, wax, and back to black wouldn't even help

Old 08-04-2012, 10:24 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by CUpgt
Good luck on 16" coil overs on a budget. That is a seriously bad *** rover though. I installed 11.25" shocks and RTE mounts and removed the sway bar today. Didn't have enough time to get the poly cones on before it rained. Here are a few pics.

If I didnt know better I would think somebody is copying my old set up

had to share this pic since it's practically identical.

Old 08-04-2012, 10:33 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by CUpgt
Very pretty Jake. Mine is so faded all the clay bar, wax, and back to black wouldn't even help
Thanks buddy, first time it's been washed and cleaned up like it is in a very long time. Guess thats what happens since I havent been wheeling at all.

Old 08-04-2012, 10:47 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 226 Likes on 195 Posts

I was wondering if you kept your roof rails for a reason?

Old 08-04-2012, 11:09 PM
Pro Wrench

Lol. The funny part is that I have the poly cones too. Just started raining before I could install them. Its a good set up. Can't wait to build my custom dom links with ballistic fab joints!

Old 08-04-2012, 11:11 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by fishEH
I was wondering if you kept your roof rails for a reason?
no not really I didnt think it was going to be this close.

Old 08-04-2012, 11:49 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diff lock switch and cruse control

Hi Guys, this is my first post on here great forum I recently brought a 1997 Discovery with 130K on the clock. I ordered and replaced the diff lock switch shows up on the dash now all good and got my cruse control working $20 worth of vacuum tube did the trick..... the dealer said it would cost 2.5K to fix when i brought it I guess they just couldnt be bothered looking into it all going good now

Old 08-05-2012, 11:00 AM
Drifting
Default .

Originally Posted by fishEH
The front of that truck is running the $afari Gard 3-link, same as Jake. Run coil-overs on normal radius arms
and you'll be disappointed.
agreed the stock links dont work for longer then 12 inch travel , i am having Perry McNeil make me custom links that are centered mounted ,then adding 33" x10.5 on off set rims ,bump stops and maybe limit straps, and possibly few more spots to beef up.
but i just tell him whats wrong or what i want it to do ,and leave the modifying to him...

if it all works out well i just might be out there chasing and helping out at 18th SCORE Laughlin Desert Challenge Laughlin, Nevada January 13-15, 2012

also fiber glass is going to be available for D1's but i need to know what would be better fenders and hoods or just one peace kits? and would any one want a fiberglass rear fender?
soon they will be making the mold, if we can find 3 more people that want to lose some pounds and change the whole look of there truck...
keep in mind it will be a newer style front mold to fit newer rover lights. and take newer style rover grills . also they will be a 3"-4" wider and a bit taller to regain some extra up travel out of them over-sized tires ...

Old 08-05-2012, 06:16 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by d1eddie
yep i collect pictures of what i want to do, i did not meant to sticky that picture to my thread the truck is panted a dif color too.., but my is blue spring/ newer fox shock, braided brake lines ... ill post more stuff(rover ****). of my truck and other's too..

have u ever seen these d1's on coil-overs yet?

one day ill find a good used set of dirt cheep kings in of travel 16" or 18", ill drop it off at Perry's and the rest will be history ..

Those pics look downright scary!

Old 08-05-2012, 07:16 PM
Mudding

i feel stupid. i bought my truck about 4 months ago and the driver side seat never worked. to lazy to pull it apart to figure it out. WELL today after work it was BLAZING hot and my seat switch's where popped off. Come to find out my seat was unplugged..... it works again! now i can drive around comfortable.

next on my list is a new clutch fan. mines on her way out. looking to do a full electric fan setup if i can find the right fan.

Quick Reply: So what did you do to your Disco today?