Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Solved- P1193,0300,0304,0303,1316,1314,0113- (for me)

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 10:21 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by thehun
I havent touched that port yet.

Only thing i've done is deleted my faulty cruise control and replaced my leaky line to the vacuum actuator deal

I am not sure which line you are referring to.

The Cruise control vacumn is independent of the engine vacumn.

Are you talking about the line from the gas tank to the charcoal cannister, the line from the cannister to the purge valve or the line from the purge valve to the plenum port?

Those lines are some kind of semi-rigid plastic aren't they?

I did a very thorough cleaning of the port at the plenum and decided to do away with that for now. I love the difference in performance.

Old 04-29-2012, 06:06 PM
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The vacuum advance actuator (the mushroom looking thing by the TB) to firewall line that T's with the CC....my vacuum advance actuator line to the t was cracked..i replaced it

Old 04-29-2012, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by thehun
The vacuum advance actuator (the mushroom looking thing by the TB) to firewall line that T's with the CC....my vacuum advance actuator line to the t was cracked..i replaced it

You are referring to the cruise control system. It consist of a vacumn pump up by the driver's side headlight, the line from the brake pedal, and a "mushroom" that senses vacumn and operates a secondary cable to the throttle plate.

Those are a self contained system that only operates the throttle based on the cruise control inputs and is totally idependent of ENGINE VACUMN LEAKS.

PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT EVEN THOUGH IT IS VACUMN OPERATED, IT'S VACUMN IS "GENERATED" BY A SMALL VACUMN PUMP. IF YOU STEP ON THE BRAKE IT VENTS THE NEGATIVE PRESSURE AND RELEASES THAT VACUMN IN THE MUSHROOM THINGY.

We were talking about the engine operating vaucumn, totally different and not at all related to cruise control system.

Old 04-29-2012, 10:40 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hello everyone, i've been having issues with my newly aquired rover with codes such as p1316, 0300, and a newly aquired P1138 wich it reads
"HO2S failed to switch to lean Bank A" , with the P1316 i have changed the following spark plugs, wires, MAF, throtle pos sensor, IAVC, the little sensor that goes inside the air cleaner box, and i did the seafoam in the throttle body thing, now i got the P1138 and 0300.... the only thing i need to do would be change my catalic converters, because they have a foul smell on the exhaust; does anyone have any idea if im heading in the right direction or am i just running in circles.... i've been posting in other threads but i think ill join this one instead of making threads for the same problem. thanks in advance.... by the way i need this fixed in order to inspect my Disco so i can register it

one more thing, after i did the seafoam my car wont idle when first start and i have to hold down the pedal for a minute because it wont stay on, aftra that minute it will idle fine

Last edited by elpapisf; 04-29-2012 at 10:44 PM.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:20 AM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

1. A new thread is actually better for you, many eyes skip over threads that have been chewed over many times.

2. How did you do the seafoam?

3. You put a new MAF on a D1? How much have you spent on parts so far?

Old 04-30-2012, 08:18 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by Danny Lee 97 Disco
Guys the cruise control and the line going thru the firewall to the brake are totally independent of the engine vacumn.
Okay- so I got rid of that CC non sense when I first got that thing. The diaphram was wasted and all the lines were cracked and I did'nt care.

Look where the main hose from the air intake box thru the MAF to the plenum is. Directly below that is the port I capped. That line from the purge valve, I merely curled it underneath the charcoal cannister and it hangs there now.
Danny- On mine I see... Canister > purge valve > hard plastic > quick disconnect > nipple on pass side of (top part) intake- about next to the 4.0 casting.

Do we have different systems? Is your "97 a different generation of the system? Or have I gone mad?

Old 05-01-2012, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by black sheep
Okay- so I got rid of that CC non sense when I first got that thing. The diaphram was wasted and all the lines were cracked and I did'nt care.

Danny- On mine I see... Canister > purge valve > hard plastic > quick disconnect > nipple on pass side of (top part) intake- about next to the 4.0 casting.

Do we have different systems? Is your "97 a different generation of the system? Or have I gone mad?
It sounds like one of us indeed has a vastly different system.
What I suggest is that you take pics of yours and post them. Savannah recently posted pics of the intake plenum and ports and I am prtty sure mine and his match.

I do not think yours sounds like any I have seen, but with pics, we can get others to confirm if any of theirs are like yours.

On the passengers side of the intake, I have one hose connecting valve cover to the side of the plenum.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:30 PM

I have a growing concern if the mod I did may have contributed to the current issue with mine dying on me or if my current issue is purely a electrical system recharging problem, like a dying alternator diode issue.

Old 05-02-2012, 06:58 PM
Three Wheeling

It sounds like one of us indeed has a vastly different system.
What I suggest is that you take pics of yours and post them. Savannah recently posted pics of the intake plenum and ports and I am prtty sure mine and his match.

I do not think yours sounds like any I have seen, but with pics, we can get others to confirm if any of theirs are like yours.

On the passengers side of the intake, I have one hose connecting valve cover to the side of the plenum.

Danny- I put two photos of this set up in my album. In one- the purge will be in the foreground and the connector, well- at the plenum. The other is a standard front engine shot, cannister to plenum. If you have the time- let me know what you think.