Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Is Ultra-Gauge compatible for 1997? Emissions Sticker states OBD certified,not OBDII

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 06:22 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got my UltraGauge today and installed it, it definitely works on a 97. it is also much smaller than what I expected. I wouldn't order the window mount again as it is super long and isn't flexible just a 8 inch plastic rod and not really going to work for me as you cant fit it in the lower corner on the window. Works like a champ though and was pretty easy to get going with.

Old 08-28-2013, 06:27 PM
Super Moderator
Received 95 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by NabisOne
Got my UltraGauge today and installed it, it definitely works on a 97. it is also much smaller than what I expected. I wouldn't order the window mount again as it is super long and isn't flexible just a 8 inch plastic rod and not really going to work for me as you cant fit it in the lower corner on the window. Works like a champ though and was pretty easy to get going with.
It is flexible.

Old 09-03-2013, 01:36 AM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got my Ultra-Gauge. Ordered it with Velcro mount & bracket. I haven't gotten past the "Warning" sticker on the inside packaging yet, but I don't want to void the warranty, reward, etc . Hope to have readings soon .

Old 09-04-2013, 11:25 PM
Mudding

I just installed mine. I followed all the instructions; took the quiz and passed; ran the factory test and passed; completed the scantron grid accurately (it took 2 tries b/c somehow it determined that I forgot to "check" #18 & 19 ) just like on a standardized school test , except no one was sitting next to me cheating off my paper ...Lol). Now I just need to send in my $9 Reward Redemption Form . If I can do it in the dark with a flashlight and my laptop to read instructions, anyone can! As soon as I hooked it up, Ultra-Gauge registered an Alarm Trouble Code . Hopefully that reading will help me solve my CEL issue on another thread.

NabisOne...Are you gonna return the window mount? I read your post that you don't think window mount was worth buying. I ordered the Velcro, but it's only a tiny square. For $1.95, I prolly could've gotten an entire package at Walmart, although I'd need to drive to store and cut the Velcro to size . I read another Forum member's post that he used double-sided adhesive tape that he had lying around. He posted a "how to" with photos. I'd prolly recommend his approach to other Forum members, or just buy a package of Velcro when at Walmart. Just my opinion...

Old 09-05-2013, 12:12 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Magna Defender
I just installed mine. I followed all the instructions; took the quiz and passed; ran the factory test and passed; completed the scantron grid accurately (it took 2 tries b/c somehow it determined that I forgot to "check" #18 & 19 ) just like on a standardized school test , except no one was sitting next to me cheating off my paper ...Lol). Now I just need to send in my $9 Reward Redemption Form . If I can do it in the dark with a flashlight and my laptop to read instructions, anyone can! As soon as I hooked it up, Ultra-Gauge registered an Alarm Trouble Code . Hopefully that reading will help me solve my CEL issue on another thread.

NabisOne...Are you gonna return the window mount? I read your post that you don't think window mount was worth buying. I ordered the Velcro, but it's only a tiny square. For $1.95, I prolly could've gotten an entire package at Walmart, although I'd need to drive to store and cut the Velcro to size . I read another Forum member's post that he used double-sided adhesive tape that he had lying around. He posted a "how to" with photos. I'd prolly recommend his approach to other Forum members, or just buy a package of Velcro when at Walmart. Just my opinion...
RAM mount that sucker. I posted pics in the " what did you do... " thread if you need inspiration.

Old 09-05-2013, 12:56 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by EricTyrrell
RAM mount that sucker. I posted pics in the " what did you do... " thread if you need inspiration.
Haha. Yeah, I just searched your install on the "what did you do w/Disco" thread, and it looks much better than the Velcro square that I ordered . I asked you a couple of questions on that thread re: RAM mount vs. custom adapter. I'm not sure what you ordered vs. what you made yourself as "custom" (prolly due to the fact that I should be asleep, not wondering abt Ultra-Gauge installation ). Please explain when you have time. RAM accessories seem to work well on motorcycles, so mount should hold up really well inside the cabin w/o problem. Thx.

Old 09-05-2013, 07:38 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am keeping it to use in my wife's van. I am ordering another UG for it and the mount works great on her monstrous window.

Old 09-05-2013, 08:16 AM
Mudding

I am keeping it to use in my wife's van. I am ordering another UG for it and the mount works great on her monstrous window.
Ok, thx. I was thinking of ordering additional ones for other vehicles, too. Even though it says it can be moved from vehicle to vehicle, I'd rather keep it mounted for best info. Looking forward to learning all its gauges. It's a pretty cool little tool . I kept saying last night that I wish I'd gotten one sooner. Thanks for recommendation, S. Buzz...