Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

At wits end : Washed motor now it wont start

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 02:44 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wash the motor every once in a while at the DIY wash, but I'm pretty careful about where I spray, and I don't use the higher pressure.
I think this is generally a good habit, because a clean motor will transfer heat to the atmosphere better than a motor that is covered in old grease, dirt, etc. Not to mention that it's much easier to work on when it's clean, and the materials will generally last longer when clean. I had to replace my radiator because the PO left it with so many leaves and dirt and crap piled up in there that about 30% of the coils corroded away.
So not sure why someone would deliberately NOT clean any part of their vehicle.

Old 04-18-2011, 06:18 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UpChuck
I wash the motor every once in a while at the DIY wash, but I'm pretty careful about where I spray, and I don't use the higher pressure.
I think this is generally a good habit, because a clean motor will transfer heat to the atmosphere better than a motor that is covered in old grease, dirt, etc. Not to mention that it's much easier to work on when it's clean, and the materials will generally last longer when clean. I had to replace my radiator because the PO left it with so many leaves and dirt and crap piled up in there that about 30% of the coils corroded away.
So not sure why someone would deliberately NOT clean any part of their vehicle.

"not sure why someone would deliberately NOT clean any part of their vehicle"

READ the whole reason for this thread...........thats why LOL

Old 04-18-2011, 11:59 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I am not reading the whole post. I do not spray my engine down with water period.

I will spray some degreaser and wipe it with rags if greasy or dirty, blow it down with compressed air occasionally as well.

I plan to relocate my ecu for improved protection.

My sparkplugs wires on both ends have de-electric jelly on them. I think it is DI-ELECTRIC not DE-ELECTRIC. Vaseline works as well.