Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

02 new owner's list of questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 11:22 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had my rover since Thursday so don't take my word for it, but from research I've done on here, zerks on the front u-joints may be a good sign. I didn't see them on mine which means I'll be attending to this soon.

The three amigos are the ABS light, the TC light and the decent control light coming on together for no apparent reason. I have had mine come on in two different manners. Some times upon starting the vehicle for the duration of the trip and other times while I'm driving there will be the chime and they will come on. always though, after turning the vehicle off, they have not come back on. The small dealer I bought it from says that they tested for codes and found nothing. I'm not satisfied yet. I anyone has some suggestions on this, I'd be happy to hear. I still wonder about the faint humming noise coming from the ABS unit when the vehicle is off.

Old 03-07-2013, 01:17 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

My ABS also hums with key off. I was told it does that for about 10 mins after you turn it off, and that's normal.

Old 03-07-2013, 08:10 AM
Mudding
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The three amigos is a common problem. When the lights are on my traction control and decent control did not work. I am assuming the ABS also did not work. If you go to this forums main page and scroll down to the DII tab you will find the thread in the first few threads that show up. There are 100+ pages of people talking about it. I fixed mine by rebuilding the abs unit. It was really quit easy. Here is a link which is found in that thread

http://www.landroverclubvi.com/abs-mod.html