Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6.5 subwoofer box on rear door pics.

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 03:08 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Missed that ....

Did you re-wire everything?

Old 09-20-2012, 03:16 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by ZGPhoto
"outrageos audio"? Lol
I am not saying two 6.5 subwoofers will take the place of 12" sub in a correctly modeled enclosure. I have built an enclosure that fit my needs and posted for others if they have the same needs.

That frequency chart with different speaker sizes fit into certain ranges is "wack."

Old 09-20-2012, 03:22 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by nychaze
Missed that ....

Did you re-wire everything?
Yes. I rewired everything.

I biamped the front three way with the woofer active and the tweet and mid on the supplied passive crossover. The subs are fed active bridged from the fifth an sixths channels. The rear fill is fed from the rear head unit channels.

Old 09-20-2012, 03:31 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by Waterfowl
"outrageos audio"? Lol
I am not saying two 6.5 subwoofers will take the place of 12" sub in a correctly modeled enclosure. I have built an enclosure that fit my needs and posted for others if they have the same needs.

That frequency chart with different speaker sizes fit into certain ranges is "wack."
Yeah it's probably worse than quoting The Onion or Wikipedia haha... Either way, I wasn't trying to bash your choice of speaker, you made the decision based on size restraints. I get that totally. I was just mentioning that the larger the speaker size, the better the lows sound. I don't doubt that the 6.5 adds quite a bit of punch with the size magnet it has, probably sounds pretty good! I was just saying if I were to go through the paces of getting a sub put in my truck I'd probably have to go 10/12".

Cheers!

Old 09-20-2012, 10:26 PM
Winching
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Good Idea man I put a 10 inch JL in one of the rear storage compartments.

Old 09-21-2012, 08:13 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

That 10" sub gets dwarfed by your 20" RIMZ though

Old 09-23-2012, 11:30 AM
Winching
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah ZGphoto it sure does. When I put the ARB front bumber on I had to put different springs on and do some cutting because I would rub when I turned. The rims look great on the truck though.

Old 09-23-2012, 07:28 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by aarongregor
Good Idea man I put a 10 inch JL in one of the rear storage compartments.
Post a pic

Old 09-24-2012, 01:22 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How did you attach it to the back door?

And the Kickers will fit into the stock location? I haven't even checked out my rear-door woofers yet, but I am pretty sure I hear little or nothing coming from them.

And did you find stuff that fit in the stock locations in the doors? Is there a factory crossover of some sort? Who knows when I'll get the chance to start poking around my audio system, but I definitely want to upgrade it.

Old 09-24-2012, 01:20 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by bootzilla
How did you attach it to the back door?

And the Kickers will fit into the stock location? I haven't even checked out my rear-door woofers yet, but I am pretty sure I hear little or nothing coming from them.

And did you find stuff that fit in the stock locations in the doors? Is there a factory crossover of some sort? Who knows when I'll get the chance to start poking around my audio system, but I definitely want to upgrade it.
I used long sheet metal screws to attach to back door. The box is made of birch plywood not mdf. I am not sure if the mdf would holdup as well as the birch.
The kickers are shallow mount 4 ohm subs. They will fit but need to be spaced outward and new holes need to be drilled. They are close but not an exact fit.

The woofers are all 6.5 and most will fit easily. You just have make sure your depth is shallow enough. The rear tweeters were an
exact fit.
The front mids are hard to match exactly. The depth is also only about 1.75". I had to cut a larger hole. You have to use a shallow mid to fit.
I used tweeter pods and just located them over the old tweeters. I'll probably go back later and do something a little different.

Quick Reply: 6.5 subwoofer box on rear door pics.