Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

alarm keeps going off

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2016, 10:26 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mollusc
I don't have a remote fob at all. My alarm works when I lock and unlock the driver's door with one of these: 2 Land Rover Discovery Range Rover Key Blanks 89 04 | eBay
I guess at this point just need to order some and give it a try....
thanks

Old 03-29-2016, 11:11 AM
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

CWE100710KIT- Discovery Series Key Remote (Non-SLABS) MSRP $224 plus programming

You will need an Autologic or T4 to program the key remote.

Old 03-29-2016, 08:41 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

maybe this is an option? iv not gone this rout my self. but thought it was another alternative to dealership.

Remote Key Europe Land Rover Discovery Series 2 - 1999 to 2006 Key Repair Kit - Remote Key Europe

i do the manual un lock, lock but a recent pin broke in the door lock at walmart locking me out of the car. so i think having a alternate lock/ unlock with the key fob is looking like a better and better idea. I am thinking of buying a Nanocom and just program my own key fobs to the vehicle. $350, but to do multiple keys, and also other scan options are kinda neat as well.

Originally Posted by RawFaith
I guess at this point just need to order some and give it a try....
thanks

Old 03-30-2016, 03:24 PM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by RawFaith
hmmm ...
interesting facts, actually just got a knee injury and had been to some labs and hospitals between x-rays, MRIs and physical therapy....perhaps have something to do....but why when getting home?

PS: What is GOD? that is a very good question, if that is an intellectually honest one in the pursuit of true. BTW assumptions can be very dangerous...
The problems I encountered at a hospital were exactly as the tow guy said, he moved my truck away from the MRI and X-ray area and it immediately opened on the fob and then started. He said it wasn't the first punter who has experienced problems exactly where I was forced to park in an emergency.

On other occasions it is either an LR software glitch or my own mobile phone and signal direction but on every occasion we have got out of the truck, locked it, waited awhile, opened it again on the fob and bingo it started OK. Oh, I also switched my mobile phone off first.

As for God and religion, a short explanation. I was brought up amidst both catholic and jewish parentage and families. It was a nightmare Having seen all the international discord caused by religions for 60 years I then decided back then atheism was my only option and thats the way I've been ever since. I am totally tolerant of others faiths and religions if they are peaceful and not enforced on others, but as whatever religion goes, I cannot subscribe myself. It's wasn't a blase comment but an intellectual and committed question but slightly tongue in cheek.

I think Paul Grant fully understands my position on this one.