Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery Died, Now Cranks but No Spark No Fuel

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2023, 05:07 PM
TReK
Received 525 Likes on 455 Posts

But don’t our tachs read off the alternator?

Old 11-04-2023, 09:03 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No movement on the tach, i might have not fully connected the CPS , it was a bitch to plug in OR i might have pulled it too hard and messed up the wires... Ill get underneath tomorrow and take a look. thanks again @mln01

Old 11-06-2023, 04:31 AM
Overlanding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cps

I hope you resolved if not my 04 had a bad spell of about 1 yr of going through cps. Just another tip while your still fresh is to make sure no oil is there as I finally resolved my cps issues. I cleaned that area out super clean I won't say with what or I'll get reamed. But then after my 9th cps no more dead starts or intermittent dying on the highway scaring the bejeebies out of my passengers as I coast to safety. I also keep those lithium jump starters available too just in case it's battery.

Old 11-06-2023, 07:08 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

unfortunately I have not @PD2004USSalty I removed the CPS I just installed and it seems to be fine and was installed correctly , I found the connector at the ECM where it goes to and was going to check to make sure the connector passes signal today.

I didn’t see much oil around there but will try to look in the hole with a mirror . What is the proper way to clean out the mounting hole ?

Originally Posted by PD2004USSalty
I hope you resolved if not my 04 had a bad spell of about 1 yr of going through cps. Just another tip while your still fresh is to make sure no oil is there as I finally resolved my cps issues. I cleaned that area out super clean I won't say with what or I'll get reamed. But then after my 9th cps no more dead starts or intermittent dying on the highway scaring the bejeebies out of my passengers as I coast to safety. I also keep those lithium jump starters available too just in case it's battery.

Old 11-06-2023, 07:33 AM
Overlanding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Electrical cleaners

Crc QD makes one in a spray, WD-40 has an electronics spray, also isopropanol can be used on a lint free cloth to wipe the area. Those are some trusted products. Others may get shared too for those with experience. I was reading the RAVE on why no power after a dead battery so what did the low power failure cause. It early morning and I didn't sleep so can't remember if you tried a new battery or just tried to jump what u had. And or recharged what you had. I know Laneys don't like low juice as electric issues happen when bat is below full capacity. Sry for your down time. It's the life of a Laney unfortunately.
another thought came to mind which I recalled on an 02 I has the main terminal had some corrosion in the harness so the battery wasn't sending full juice to the ecu and horn. I also got a better battery afterwards too replaced the main terminal and put one of those lead adapter on the terminal lead so I wouldn't have any gap they would be tight and not create a short. The no spark and no fuel was solved for that vehicle which didn't have a cps issue.

Last edited by PD2004USSalty; 11-06-2023 at 08:01 AM.