General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Still don't have spark or fuel

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 05:49 PM
cta
4wd Low
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Still don't have spark or fuel

I parked the rover a week ago and removed the coil to test on another car. When I put the coil back in the rover wouldn't start and there was no spark. I checked the resistance on the coil and got some weird readings and also couldn't get continuity from the control module. Had replacements for both overnighted, but still no luck. I started digging into the fuel system and found that the pump wasn't pumping. It works fine when being jumped with a battery and the shut off switch isn't tripped.

I can't seem to locate the fuel pump relay so some help with that would be great. Is it possible that the same fault is the cause of both of my issues?

It is a 95 RRC

Old 08-16-2012, 08:36 PM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

It is in the fuse box and supplied by F 39 in same (under hood fuse box). Should run pump for about 2 seconds when key switched on, even if you don't crank. You might like your own copy of the RAVE, shop manual and electrical diagrams. Free below.

Old 08-16-2012, 09:32 PM
cta
4wd Low

the fuse in the engine compartment is good. I was asking inquiring about the actual relay k119/c240. managed to find it and it seems to be working so I'm at a loss where to go next

Old 08-17-2012, 08:10 AM
cta
4wd Low

the fuel pump relay engages briefly when the key is turned to position 2 and the fuel pump begins sending fuel. When the key is turned to crank the engine the fuel pump relay no longer engages. At this point there isn't any power running into the relay from the white/green and blue/purple (i think) wires.

The engine briefly started and died almost immediately. I suspect it just used the fuel that had built up in the rail from turning the key on an off so many times. I put power to the pump directly and tried cranking it, but no luck there. The number 3 fuse in the satellite 1 box is good. I'm not really sure where to go next.