Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CannibalV8 - Buyer beware!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 01:41 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mollusc
Hmmm. They have different phone numbers and locations on their two different websites. Add intentional deception to their actions?
No, Cannibal V8 works out of the back of the Car Cannibal warehouse building. They do have different phone numbers. Car Cannibal and Cannibal V8 are separate businesses but in partnership. CV8 engine is sold by Car Cannibal and is listed on the home page of their website. If you have problems like I did you have to go through Car Cannibal to resolve it. Good luck. There have been much more than a few bad apples, so I am surprised CC is still in business. When I took legal action there were 8 other customers doing the same thing for the same problems. If you know anything about them you know they used to be Rover Cannibal until they were sued, put out of business and restarted as Car Cannibal. That was before affiliation with CV8. Just do your homework, as I should have. You will find absolute horror stories if you check with the BBB and Oklahoma General Attorney office.

Old 11-22-2017, 08:36 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

12 grand?!?!?! WHY WHY WHY

Old 11-22-2017, 09:49 AM
TReK
Received 652 Likes on 559 Posts

Originally Posted by sickws6
12 grand?!?!?! WHY WHY WHY
It's more like 12 grand?!?!?! Kiss that $$$ BYE, BYE, BYE!

CV8 is such a joke, I hope this thread helps people not get suckered!

Old 01-13-2018, 02:14 PM
Overlanding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't buy a cannibal V8 but as I prepare to get our 2004 Discovery these types of threads are invaluable and at least in my case when I see a forum that is smart enough to put up a sticky like this it gives me confidence that OTHER manufacturers would be called out if bad- therefore it helps provide some legitimacy to the other aftermarket folks- Not sure if that makes any sense but it makes sense to me

Old 01-14-2018, 08:43 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Just keep a open mind. Some of us have had nothing but great luck with these cannibal motors. Some not so much. There are options out there like Turner and Atlantic British as well...

Old 01-14-2018, 12:13 PM
Overlanding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Yoops Racing
Just keep a open mind. Some of us have had nothing but great luck with these cannibal motors. Some not so much. There are options out there like Turner and Atlantic British as well...

Thanks for the extra info- I totally get it but in general I have horrible luck so if say 10% customers have serious problems with a vendor I'll end up being added to the 10%.

I don't pay the lottery because if I won- a bus would plough through the building and run me over and leave everyone else untouched. And then somehow I'd be found to be the cause of it and my family would get sued

Old 01-15-2018, 10:16 PM
Baja
Received 717 Likes on 622 Posts

I think we will all find that rebuilt motors can fail, regardless of the builder. The biggest issue with cannibal is they do not stand behind their product when it fails. That’s why they should be avoided at all costs.

The following users liked this post:
uhoh_elmo (06-14-2021)
Old 01-16-2018, 06:38 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by abran
I think we will all find that rebuilt motors can fail, regardless of the builder. The biggest issue with cannibal is they do not stand behind their product when it fails. That’s why they should be avoided at all costs.
Abran not sure of the outcome in this particular case but you are incorrect sir. They did stand behind my motor when there was problem. Steve made sure I was completely satisfied. I am past the warranty period now. But in my case I would have no issue doing business with him again. These forums are great for info. But to rely 100% on making a business decision based on keyboard strokes has not been in everyone's best interest..just saying. And unfortunately Cannibal has a questionable standing now with the LR community. Justified or not. Believe me I know enough in this case from other parties in our industry/market that they have a lot of work to do to rebuild confidence if at all. And that is all I have to say on this old topic

Old 01-16-2018, 12:00 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,465 Likes on 1,196 Posts

They did not step up at all in this case.

Old 01-17-2018, 05:03 AM
Baja
Received 717 Likes on 622 Posts

Abran not sure of the outcome in this particular case but you are incorrect sir. They did stand behind my motor when there was problem. Steve made sure I was completely satisfied. I am past the warranty period now. But in my case I would have no issue doing business with him again. These forums are great for info. But to rely 100% on making a business decision based on keyboard strokes has not been in everyone's best interest..just saying. And unfortunately Cannibal has a questionable standing now with the LR community. Justified or not. Believe me I know enough in this case from other parties in our industry/market that they have a lot of work to do to rebuild confidence if at all. And that is all I have to say on this old topic

OK, I’m wrong.

Quick Reply: CannibalV8 - Buyer beware!!