Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Changed Coil Packs and Wires, Now it Won't Run

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2020, 05:30 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,275 Likes on 896 Posts

Originally Posted by NickS
Just saw your video I'm betting on a vacuum leak have someone crank it and spray the lines with some break clean or quick start. If it idles up then there's something loose or not tight

Did you clean the intake gasket surfaces and use a new gasket?

Of course it's speculation without seeing it.
Also, Nick nailed it in this post. Whenever someone makes a suggestion...proper thing is to follow up on it. Odds are, they're ran into this before or have seen. Sounds like you didn't get the intake setted into guides properly and simply tighten it...and stopped when you felt resistance. Regardless, at least you are on the road again! And just when you thought you were to old to believe in Santa..he delivers a gift...lol.

The following users liked this post:
JUKE179r (12-28-2020)
Old 12-26-2020, 09:33 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 167 Likes on 130 Posts

yep, I bet it purrs with the intake bolted down. Crazy that no one thought of that!

Old 12-27-2020, 12:37 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Also, Nick nailed it in this post. Whenever someone makes a suggestion...proper thing is to follow up on it. Odds are, they're ran into this before or have seen. Sounds like you didn't get the intake setted into guides properly and simply tighten it...and stopped when you felt resistance. Regardless, at least you are on the road again! And just when you thought you were to old to believe in Santa..he delivers a gift...lol.
Sorry, I get tunnel vision sometimes... I don't know why but I was under the impression that as long as the intake was snug against the gasket it would run ok, not great, but ok... so that's why I shrugged off vacuum leaks as a culprit. Now I realize just how important it is to have everything sealed up properly. Thanks for the patience .

The Deputy (12-27-2020)
Old 12-27-2020, 03:30 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,275 Likes on 896 Posts

Originally Posted by LRScott
Sorry, I get tunnel vision sometimes... I don't know why but I was under the impression that as long as the intake was snug against the gasket it would run ok, not great, but ok... so that's why I shrugged off vacuum leaks as a culprit. Now I realize just how important it is to have everything sealed up properly. Thanks for the patience .
"You live, you learn." It's what most folks call experience. Now that you've experienced this issue, odds are...it won't happen again. At least you stayed with it and finally got her running...which is the main thing.

Hey, you stay with it long enough and keep hanging around this Land Rover community...and you'll be giving advice soon.

LRScott (12-28-2020)