Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coil Pack Relocation Project

Old 02-13-2017, 01:03 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 112 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Friday Night Disco
group buy discount!!
i know right!!!

Old 02-13-2017, 11:09 AM
TReK
Received 199 Likes on 176 Posts

Just some update. Got email today from 9 wiring harness companies out of 14 this morning. They wont be able to make the harness, they dont have the other end part. But good news still, got one that will make the complete harness, BUT, they also have to wait until they receive the sample from abroad. Sorry guys for the delay, I got my sample coming sooner. Once I get mine, and if it is correct, they will use those for the mean time. Everything, wires specs to 256 degress etc. Made in US except the hard to find connector. Plug n' Play
I was told to check the connection from both ends and send them the color codes so they can closely match. So, this week I had to pull the harness from the back again to trace each wire and the orientation on how it gets plugged in. Thats all for the moment.
Gerry

The following users liked this post:
JUKE179r (02-14-2017)
Old 02-13-2017, 11:26 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 228 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by LR03NJ
Just some update. Got email today from 9 wiring harness companies out of 14 this morning. They wont be able to make the harness, they dont have the other end part. But good news still, got one that will make the complete harness, BUT, they also have to wait until they receive the sample from abroad. Sorry guys for the delay, I got my sample coming sooner. Once I get mine, and if it is correct, they will use those for the mean time. Everything, wires specs to 256 degress etc. Made in US except the hard to find connector. Plug n' Play
I was told to check the connection from both ends and send them the color codes so they can closely match. So, this week I had to pull the harness from the back again to trace each wire and the orientation on how it gets plugged in. Thats all for the moment.
Gerry
So would you be interested in fabricating some mounts up for a few folks?

Old 02-13-2017, 02:42 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by Friday Night Disco
So would you be interested in fabricating some mounts up for a few folks?
Thanks Friday, I had plenty made but still waiting to complete the harness.

Old 02-14-2017, 08:18 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 846 Likes on 633 Posts

I'm interested!

Old 02-15-2017, 06:12 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 137 Likes on 120 Posts

Cost estimate?

How will it interfere with people that have done the inline mod?

I imagine this is going to cost upwards of $500...

Old 02-15-2017, 07:40 AM
TReK

I don't think it will. Only if it will include all new custom 8.5mm Magnecor wires, plugs, coils etc. then the price is near what you mentioned.
I have not gone through all the details yet. I had shipped half of the harness already for assembly awaiting for the other connector end.

Last edited by LR03NJ; 02-15-2017 at 07:45 AM.
Old 02-15-2017, 07:59 AM
TReK

Originally Posted by shanechevelle
Cost estimate?

How will it interfere with people that have done the inline mod?

I imagine this is going to cost upwards of $500...
About interfering with the inline mode question. It it is far from getting near the mod. Actually there are people that ask too wether it will fit with dual battery mod. Theres plenty room. Once installed, you can reach almost any part on that side without interfering with anything, I assume that space is empty.

Old 02-22-2017, 06:39 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

couldn't you just goto a few parts yards and clip off the connectors you need to make the harnesess complete? I know when im at the parts yards I always remove extra connectors that seem specialty . if you need I will go get some from the pick and pull yards.

roger.

Old 02-22-2017, 09:31 AM
Baja
Received 717 Likes on 622 Posts

Originally Posted by xisled
couldn't you just goto a few parts yards and clip off the connectors you need to make the harnesess complete? I know when im at the parts yards I always remove extra connectors that seem specialty . if you need I will go get some from the pick and pull yards.

roger.
Thre is no male connecter that replicates the coil pack connector. If I understand he is not trying to cut the coil pack pigtail and add length but is trying to make a plug and play harness from original coil pack connection to relocated coil pack connection.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Coil Pack Relocation Project