Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

corroded connectors:(

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 05:18 PM
4wd High
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a bit of a new problem now. i just replaced my spark plug wires. car ran fine in the garage and i started and stopped it a few time getting out of the garage. then took it for a test drive and it ran great.

but then i went to go get gas. i got to the station, filled up the tank, and then tried to start the car. i would not turn over. no crank. lights come on on dash and headlights just fine. had a charged battery at home, brought that to the car and swaped it and it it still wont start. checked the connections at the battery. not sure what to try next.

any suggestion or common problems

Old 04-07-2014, 07:19 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by hellohelloo4
i have a bit of a new problem now. i just replaced my spark plug wires. car ran fine in the garage and i started and stopped it a few time getting out of the garage. then took it for a test drive and it ran great.

but then i went to go get gas. i got to the station, filled up the tank, and then tried to start the car. i would not turn over. no crank. lights come on on dash and headlights just fine. had a charged battery at home, brought that to the car and swaped it and it it still wont start. checked the connections at the battery. not sure what to try next.

any suggestion or common problems
Do you get a click when you try to start it? If so, try hitting starter with a hammer, that may get it to crank. If that works, replace the starter.

Old 07-04-2018, 11:37 AM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corroded connectors

Hi all , been reading this thread, I have a defender wolf with a wiring problem. The grey sumitomo connector is badly corroded, I’ve pm the guy with the connectors for sale,but no reply. Does anyone have or know where I can get one . Thanks Jim.