Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cosmetic Repairs

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 05:32 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 112 Likes on 108 Posts

Well it didn't load the Facebook link I put in for dark crow designs. If you google them though, it should bring up their Facebook page. They are out of Ohio so they know about rust. The other link that just states blank title is casey's customs and he is out of Oregon. Both of em specialize in disco's and are familiar with rust from road salt. I wish I could say more but I'm in central Alabama n luckily don't have that issue. If you end up getting the o2 sensors, get the walker brand and get the adapter to take them off easier. The adapter is only around $10-$15. It's a crow's foot style and makes it easier especially on the driver's side. I think it was around $110 for both front o2 sensors shipped from rock auto. They cleared up a misfire I has and have increased my mileage. If you get the panels, any reputable body shop should be able to do it. The biggest charge besides labor is fab and I don't know what you are wanting to spend but one of our forum members out of Kentucky runs a rover scrap yard and might be able to help out getting you a piece from a scrapped d2 to cut out your fab cost from a body shop. His eBay user name is ky_scrap1 and his name is Jameson and number is 270-453-3991. Hope he or abran might be able to get you that piece to cut cost

The following users liked this post:
KernowDiscovery (04-29-2017)
Old 04-29-2017, 05:20 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 115 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by Luckyjayb
Well it didn't load the Facebook link I put in for dark crow designs. If you google them though, it should bring up their Facebook page. They are out of Ohio so they know about rust. The other link that just states blank title is casey's customs and he is out of Oregon. Both of em specialize in disco's and are familiar with rust from road salt. I wish I could say more but I'm in central Alabama n luckily don't have that issue. If you end up getting the o2 sensors, get the walker brand and get the adapter to take them off easier. The adapter is only around $10-$15. It's a crow's foot style and makes it easier especially on the driver's side. I think it was around $110 for both front o2 sensors shipped from rock auto. They cleared up a misfire I has and have increased my mileage. If you get the panels, any reputable body shop should be able to do it. The biggest charge besides labor is fab and I don't know what you are wanting to spend but one of our forum members out of Kentucky runs a rover scrap yard and might be able to help out getting you a piece from a scrapped d2 to cut out your fab cost from a body shop. His eBay user name is ky_scrap1 and his name is Jameson and number is 270-453-3991. Hope he or abran might be able to get you that piece to cut cost
Hey thanks LJB - I appreciate it! I'd like to fix it the most appropriate way possible without spending beaucoup bucks. I think a patch/panel piece sounds better than me doing bondo... I'll look into your links, thank you. Your post has been very helpful! I may be having difficulties trying to figure out what to do with my disco but that didn't prevent me from crawling under my buddy's van today. It was making a god awful sound when he turned left every single time and I said 'what is that noise??' He said 'I don't want to talk about it or think about it - it has been making that noise for some time now'. lol.. at least I have the nerve to work on other people's vehicles It was a piece of molding near his oil filter that was bumped out of position and rubbing his tire when he turned (I mean, really loud annoying sound that made people look at you when he turned a corner haha). Anyway, I called him a little while ago and said 'how's your van sounding now that I fixed it?' and he replied 'I'm making you my go-to mechanic from now on - can't believe it was something so simple' Little victories.. yay.

Old 04-29-2017, 11:59 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 112 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by KernowDiscovery
Hey thanks LJB - I appreciate it! I'd like to fix it the most appropriate way possible without spending beaucoup bucks. I think a patch/panel piece sounds better than me doing bondo... I'll look into your links, thank you. Your post has been very helpful! I may be having difficulties trying to figure out what to do with my disco but that didn't prevent me from crawling under my buddy's van today. It was making a god awful sound when he turned left every single time and I said 'what is that noise??' He said 'I don't want to talk about it or think about it - it has been making that noise for some time now'. lol.. at least I have the nerve to work on other people's vehicles It was a piece of molding near his oil filter that was bumped out of position and rubbing his tire when he turned (I mean, really loud annoying sound that made people look at you when he turned a corner haha). Anyway, I called him a little while ago and said 'how's your van sounding now that I fixed it?' and he replied 'I'm making you my go-to mechanic from now on - can't believe it was something so simple' Little victories.. yay.
nicr job on his n now to get yours how you want it