Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crankshaft Pos Sensor....????

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 01:24 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

http://www.troublecodes.net/landrvr/

You will not have any stored codes if you disconnected the battery.

Old 02-18-2010, 06:07 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its alive!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok guys here we go! ............. I removed the the rotor, pickup coil..all the way down to the dizzy housing...re-examined everything and put it all back together adjusting the air gap btw the pickup coil and gear teeth to .203mm (Rave suggests between .20 and .30)...tightend it down and re-checked air gap to confirm my setting. Reassembled dizzy with aftermarket rotor. hooked up the leads and after a hunch i replaced the fuel pump relay in the passenger side footwell as I salvaged one from a junk yard today(I've never gotten any parts from a salvage yard before so thank you lady luck!!!). Got in and fired her up. I checked the timing and its still at factory setting!!!! Thank you Jesus and all his apostles!!!! and thank you guys for all your help! Only codes i'm getting is 45 which is a lamba sensor.
hey Okdiscoguy, I thank you again for sticking with me on this goofy disco...Man it feels good to have conquered the beast...oh yeah, I really like your grill...you make it as it says custom????

Old 02-18-2010, 06:28 PM
Camel Trophy

Glad you got it. Do you think the air gap was off?

I made the grill. Got another from a salvaged one and wanted to improve air flow...just cut it out.

Old 02-19-2010, 09:13 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah the air gap was definitely off! There was a canyon between the pickup and teeth. I didn't see any sort of thread compound on the flathead screws to secure them so they probably just loosened up. I'm going to make sure blue locktight will not ground anything out in dizzy and apply some to the threads to see if that alleviates the issue.

I would think your grill came off a series LR but I could be wrong....Man I like that thing. I've never been one to copy another no matter how much I like the look of something but it looks good and its functionality is what impresses me the most. Its the little things that make the most difference. I'm huge on function and practicality. Wish I would've had the epiphany first....touche'

Old 02-20-2010, 12:32 PM
Camel Trophy

well, LR actually produced something similar with black thinner wire mesh. I just copied off them...Thanks though. I am one to modify so mine doesn't quite look like all the others out there. I used 3 different materials and painted it countless times to finally get the look I wanted. Then I glued a spare emblem from the rear door handle on it to finish it. The guys at the dealership though it was factory and tried to look up the part#..