Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disco 2 tranny issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 12:05 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default same p0741 code here...

Had check engine on for about 2yrs. p0714 code. Couldnt find a tcc solonoid part anywhere either.I Just pulled the valve body, no big deal, Pulled solonoid and put 12v to it ,clicks open/closed no prob. Cleaned elect connection solonoid screen and reinstalled. cleaned trans multiplug also. 5miles and light on again, same code. Never had an issue with trans after rebuild 3yrs ago. shifts fine and torque converter locks/unlocks fine....stay tuned, gonna get that engine light out someday.....then the 3 amigos........................

Old 04-06-2013, 11:37 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RANDY04D2
Had check engine on for about 2yrs. p0714 code. Couldnt find a tcc solonoid part anywhere either.I Just pulled the valve body, no big deal, Pulled solonoid and put 12v to it ,clicks open/closed no prob. Cleaned elect connection solonoid screen and reinstalled. cleaned trans multiplug also. 5miles and light on again, same code. Never had an issue with trans after rebuild 3yrs ago. shifts fine and torque converter locks/unlocks fine....stay tuned, gonna get that engine light out someday.....then the 3 amigos........................
Donnie where u live but we have bull sh#t emissions Here check engine light fails it got it to pass this year the light only comes on when it stalls but not every time it stalls shifts hard sometimes it's very intermidant

Old 04-07-2013, 08:00 AM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

Are you sure your service engine light is on, our trannys will throw codes from P0700 to P0802 if anything is going on with your tranny.
Might want to consider having a shop reset your trannys adaptive memory, that can clear up a lot of weird shift issues although I can't remember if it will have any effect on a solenoid.

Old 04-07-2013, 03:29 PM
4wd Low

Originally Posted by Disco Mike
Are you sure your service engine light is on, our trannys will throw codes from P0700 to P0802 if anything is going on with your tranny.
Might want to consider having a shop reset your trannys adaptive memory, that can clear up a lot of weird shift issues although I can't remember if it will have any effect on a solenoid.
did reset the adaptive valves at the shop. still has intermidant hard shifts .. only code it throws when it stalls is the p0741 silonoid lock out code.. bout to pull the valve body and put 12v to it and clean it really good,, had a good tranny at the shop i was going to steal a lock up silonoid out of and wouldnt you know a dII needing a tranny got towed in and it got sold,... -_-

Old 04-07-2013, 03:44 PM
TReK
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

Try to find out what power source drives the solenoid.
There are probably pins on the transmission computer.
Pull the connector.

Get an ohm meter and see if there are only a few ohms of resistance on the windings of that solenoid from the view from the transmission ECU plug.

Along the way, the wiring may be open or shorted.

I don't have the pin out of that transmission ECU. Nor have I ever had a Discovery II electrical .pdf.

That would be a good thing for you and I to have.

Old 04-07-2013, 08:40 PM
4wd Low

Originally Posted by jfall
Try to find out what power source drives the solenoid.
There are probably pins on the transmission computer.
Pull the connector.

Get an ohm meter and see if there are only a few ohms of resistance on the windings of that solenoid from the view from the transmission ECU plug.

Along the way, the wiring may be open or shorted.

I don't have the pin out of that transmission ECU. Nor have I ever had a Discovery II electrical .pdf.

That would be a good thing for you and I to have.
I have all data bet that would have it