General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

TRANNY ISSUES or ELECTRICAL? need help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 10:07 PM
7th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TRANNY ISSUES or ELECTRICAL? need help!

I went to get my battery tested today and it turned out to be bad. But it was less than a year old? Regardless, they replaced it and it seemed to once again give it better power when starting. But iit still has a weak idle and stalls whenever I apply gas. I drove it around my block and it stalled everytime I came to a stop. I opened the hood and made sure every electrical connection that I could see was tight. I pushed the fuel cut off button. I also found a sort adjustment **** for idle and turned it up slightly. It now stays running while driving and stopping (still somewhat unstable idle). Here's the crazy part. It now seems that it stays in 1st gear! I even tried starting out in first and manually shifting through them. I noticed a couple small hoses leading no where. One of them was coming from what I think is the choke. Could it be a vacuum line issue? Could it be something electrical? All I know is I have no clue! Also, this disco is for sale if any of you die hards are interested. Thanks for reading

Old 09-24-2008, 08:08 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts
Default RE: TRANNY ISSUES or ELECTRICAL? need help!

You need to get your truck to a mechanic who can correct your leaks and deal with the idle, be it a bad IAC or what ever.