Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Discovery Fuel Rail Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 09:31 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The factory fan and electric fan working in conjunction do just fine imo. My electric fan is not working well. Spins very slow. I ordered the vdo replacement from amazon. I have it up on jack stands now and waiting for it to cool down. Noticed oil on the front oil pan nuts that go to the timing cover. Going to retorque and see if that stops the oil from seeping. Ive been re torquing every bolt on this thing since the rebuild! This car is like a high maintenance woman. Needs a lot of attention.

Old 10-01-2014, 09:36 AM
Drifting

I know an all aluminum radiator with help with the temps. I'm in Miami and its hot here. Bumper to bumper traffic almost everyday. So I want to get control of the cooling. I've used all aluminum in other vehicles of mine and it dropped temps considerably. And I'm a big fan of water wetter. My disco isnt overheating or getting too hot but I know from experience I can get it to run cooler

Old 10-01-2014, 09:49 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 943 Likes on 634 Posts

Originally Posted by billlapinga
I know an all aluminum radiator with help with the temps. I'm in Miami and its hot here. Bumper to bumper traffic almost everyday. So I want to get control of the cooling. I've used all aluminum in other vehicles of mine and it dropped temps considerably. And I'm a big fan of water wetter. My disco isnt overheating or getting too hot but I know from experience I can get it to run cooler
You like Bob Dylan? I think "Just Like a Woman" describes these trucks well. Haha

Miami is hot. I currently live in Virginia, but I plan to move to FL after I get out of college. I'll check out water wetter for sure.

I'd be forever appreciative of you would shoot me a PM when you get some pics of your Disco after its lowered.

Old 10-06-2014, 08:53 PM
Drifting

No problem. Sorry for delay. Been working 14 hr days. Will post when done. Have play in front axle. Been looking for a machine shop to adjust play with pinion gear. So far seems to be cost effective to buy a rebuilt unit to replace my worn out unit. Tired of hearing clunking noise when I let off the throttle and reapply. Have some play in transfer case also. I'm gonna have to remortgage my house to keep this girl!!