Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driver Side Heated Seat Doesn't Work

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 09:33 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Toad2 recently changed an element he salvaged from another seat.

Originally Posted by Toad2
I was lucky as i had a spare seat to practice on when i removed the heater from my parts truck. First i checked the element in the spare seat with my ohm meter for continuity( think it was right around 1 ohm, very low resistance) to see if it was good. It was.

I then removed the seat, 4 bolts, u need 12pt 7/16 socket. 3 bolts will be easy, 4th closest to the drivers door at the back has a nut under the truck. Have to hold it and turn the bolt or vice versa. Unhook the electrical connecters and remove seat. Seperate seat and back.

Now for the fun part. Flip the seat over and see where the leather clips on to the bottom. There are also little metal clips. Take them all off. Peel up the leather, find the small metal rings holding the leather to the seat cushion. Using 2 pairs of needle nose pliers bend apart the rings (they have a split) and unhook. 2 long ones on the sides then 2 across the seat.
Painful.

With the leather removed u can see the element, just peel it off and replace. then reverse steps to reinstall.

I discarded the metel rings and used tyraps. That is the only hard or painful part of the job. Patience required.

Make sure u have a good replacement before u start.

Any questions, let me know.

Hope this helps.
I've been meaning to get a new element, as my driver side got a hot spot and burnt out.

Land Range Rover Discovery Genuine OEM Factory Seat Heater

Old 10-26-2013, 01:37 PM
TReK
Received 504 Likes on 419 Posts

This is best price I could find on the seat heater, though I know nothing of this vendor (dealer?)

Anyone have experience with them?

Land Rover Parts - Land Rover Parts Center - Call (800) 574-9217 for Genuine Land Rover Parts and Accessories