Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electric Windows

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2016, 05:06 PM
Mudding
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Electric Windows

Had my driver's side window get stuck on me about 3 weeks ago. Had the mechanic determine it wasn't the fuse, but rather the modulator (or whatever it's called) inside the driver's side door. I had him wind the window up and remove that device.

For when the summer comes though, I am going to have to get that window working again. Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance for helping a simpleton Brit I am as caveman-like as they come in the clueless department. But trying to learn... ann that is the most important part I suppose!

Old 02-13-2016, 05:16 PM
Winching
Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by 4x4 Brad
Had my driver's side window get stuck on me about 3 weeks ago. Had the mechanic determine it wasn't the fuse, but rather the modulator (or whatever it's called) inside the driver's side door. I had him wind the window up and remove that device.

For when the summer comes though, I am going to have to get that window working again. Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance for helping a simpleton Brit I am as caveman-like as they come in the clueless department. But trying to learn... ann that is the most important part I suppose!
Actuators run about $45 per door on eBay. I just ordered two myself. Driver and passenger doors. Look up the videos on YouTube on window actuator replacement. Also spend the $10 to get a door panel remover tool. Those plastic clips need to be ordered and if you can save them it pays for itself.

When I get home I'll find some links for you.

Old 02-13-2016, 05:29 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 971 Likes on 646 Posts

Ebay is a great resource for those parts, but also try messaging Abran or Paul Grant here on the forums. I've dealt with Abran several times. Really helpful, he parts these trucks regularly.

Old 02-13-2016, 10:48 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Disco window regulators suck. They break constantly. Usually the problem is the failure of a little plastic roller that slides in a track. I've had to replace two where the roller broke apart. There's a company called Falconworks that makes a brass roller replacement, although it'd be expensive to do. I've always wanted to try these guys—they make other interesting high-durability parts: Window Regulator Roller, Discovery