Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Had my new Discovery for about a minute... and already have it taken apart!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 10:33 AM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Screws, I wanna be able to take it off without to much fuss... rivets would look cool though.

Old 04-10-2013, 10:54 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Looking great so far, this is FUN!

Old 04-10-2013, 11:07 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

I was hoping they were screws and not rivets, drilling out 40 odd pop rivet would suck.

Old 04-10-2013, 11:42 AM
Mudding

I'd say this side is mocked

Name:  DSC01998_zpsdd4e8fd1.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  62.0 KB

Name:  DSC01997_zps735c8b03.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  79.7 KB

Sticker placement is critical
Name:  DSC01999_zps3f6537c9.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  53.5 KB

Old 04-10-2013, 11:47 AM
Winching
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

This is awesome! I'm really liking how often you are posting your progress! Sure has me wishing I had the time and funding to do something similar, but until then atleast I can enjoy watching your progress.

May have to do that metal on the rear door of my 99 since it has a big hole from the sub box being ripped out. Rivets would look nice, but with my rover luck the second I riveted it the rear lock actuator would go out and I'd have to drill them all out.

Old 04-10-2013, 11:54 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Madlands
This is awesome! I'm really liking how often you are posting your progress! Sure has me wishing I had the time and funding to do something similar, but until then atleast I can enjoy watching your progress.

May have to do that metal on the rear door of my 99 since it has a big hole from the sub box being ripped out. Rivets would look nice, but with my rover luck the second I riveted it the rear lock actuator would go out and I'd have to drill them all out.
Thanks dude, Im a contractor and hit a slow spot with no jobs starting for a week and half so Im trying to hammer this out as fast as I can. Kind of a bum in my wifes eyes... pffff but what does she know... Im making my rig kick *** so we can enjoy it more... atleast that's what Im telling her

Old 04-10-2013, 12:39 PM
Rock Crawling

Cool thread, nice truck!

For some added flare...take the rear metal door panel off you made (great idea by the way) and add a design to it with a grinder with one of those wheels with the little sanding pads on the end... i did this to my dune buggy floor and it looks sweeet...took us a little messing around to get a design we liked but came out great...i dont have a picture of the floor right now but here are some other examples that my friend has done...couldnt find a big sheet with the design but you will get the idea:

Attached Thumbnails Had my new Discovery for about a minute... and already have it taken apart!!!!!-stlr-390photo_ceramiq.jpg   Had my new Discovery for about a minute... and already have it taken apart!!!!!-249689_1933780996210_8078565_n.jpg   Had my new Discovery for about a minute... and already have it taken apart!!!!!-225091_1095258513672_7369056_n.jpg   Had my new Discovery for about a minute... and already have it taken apart!!!!!-415282_2655500318742_1236294162_o.jpg  
Old 04-10-2013, 01:00 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by nychaze
Cool thread, nice truck!

For some added flare...take the rear metal door panel off you made (great idea by the way) and add a design to it with a grinder with one of those wheels with the little sanding pads on the end... i did this to my dune buggy floor and it looks sweeet...took us a little messing around to get a design we liked but came out great...i dont have a picture of the floor right now but here are some other examples that my friend has done...couldnt find a big sheet with the design but you will get the idea:

Thank brother, ya funny you bring this up because I was just watching some vids on this, looks sick. I really like that HD logo and the bird. That would look sweet as hell on the inside of my truck.
I really enjoy metal work, I generally use wood as a media so its a nice change of pace. Dirty work.. but fun.. oh ya molting metal in your shirt kinda sux too.

Old 04-11-2013, 07:40 AM
Mudding

Got the fab work done last night on the rear bumper.... gonna whip together some side mounts and figure out how to incorporate the receiver to the new bumper so I can tow the camper and also have frame mounts in the center of the bumper.
Side note... make sure when your using a grinder with cut off wheels that you have good protection on... eyes, hands, leather smock. Had one explode on me last night and if I didn't have my leathers on I think it would have taken out the boys if you know what I mean... pics coming as soon.

Old 04-11-2013, 08:23 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by MuddMouth
Got the fab work done last night on the rear bumper.... gonna whip together some side mounts and figure out how to incorporate the receiver to the new bumper so I can tow the camper and also have frame mounts in the center of the bumper.
Side note... make sure when your using a grinder with cut off wheels that you have good protection on... eyes, hands, leather smock. Had one explode on me last night and if I didn't have my leathers on I think it would have taken out the boys if you know what I mean... pics coming as soon.
Please don't take photos of that...

Quick Reply: Had my new Discovery for about a minute... and already have it taken apart!!!!!