Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help!! Abs code 021 after modulator bypass and new sensor

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 07:58 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Help!! Abs code 021 after modulator bypass and new sensor

Got this truck a year ago, the three amigos have always been on along with the check engine light. Bought it realizing with that info that the abs was not functioning. In this state before fixing or replacing anything, every time I hit 40mph for the first time from initial startup, the truck would beep the warning sign and the three lights would flash, but the lights are always constantly on. Sometimes the right rear wheel would slightly lock up for a second as this was happening.

Take to my trusted indy repair shop (he has the Hawkeye Pro) and initial diagnosis is faulty front passenger sensor (replaced). He also took the liberty of changing out my shuttle valves and bypassing the modulator (FOR FREE!!!) was shocked! Went to pick up the truck, HDC and TC lights are out, but the ABS still is on.

Drive down the road to go home, the right rear wheel is constantly engaging and the abs pump and peddle are going wild just while driving along under 50mph. Its like something is tripping the computer to think the right rear wheel is slipping, or telling it to pulsate and lock up, comes and goes constant while driving. (pulled abs fuse under dash, until I could take it back to the shop)

Return, he gets code from Hawkeye Pro (021) which means (Engine PWM Signal Bad)???

Tested each sensor, all are reading fine. Looked up on RSW site, and all it says is to check connectors [C0504/10(sp) and C0636/29sp) ] No clue which ones these are, as I couldn't find in the workshop manual. Also said to check continuity between two different points but I don't know where to find them or how to do that.

I am leaning toward either the SLABS unit is bad (truck came with extra one in the trunk which I haven't swapped yet to test but plan to this weekend) as I had an 02 where the SLABS gave out and couldn't communicate with the rest of the truck on some level.

I am also wondering if the SLABS swap doesn't work, getting the truck scanned at the dealer with the T4 would give me a definite answer where to look or what is causing the problem.

Any help from this forum would be appreciated, have been on the Phone with DiscoMike twice and haven't been able to crack this.

Regards,

Gino!

Old 01-10-2014, 07:59 AM
Mudding

Also, the check engine is 1590, meaning its just indicating there is something wrong with the ABS

Old 01-10-2014, 08:45 AM
Mudding

upposed to check continuity between Connectors:

SLABS CO504 (engine data) --> ECU CO636 (hdc output)
SLABS C0504 (rough road signal) --> ECU CO637 (rough road signal)

Was able to find in the Workshop Manual which modules these were, and which connector and pin on each one.

Old 03-12-2014, 09:51 PM
2nd Gear

I have the same problem I need help what did u do to fix it can u help with codes are what I need to do