Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help!DTC 1450 (Evap sys?)back on after new OE gas cap & Hyundai brand purge valve.

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2015, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator
Received 2,248 Likes on 1,667 Posts
Default Inspection:

Austin Roverworks is not going to rape u like the Austin Land Rover Dealership! Good people over there vs the Dealership.

Last time I got a company van from Bexar county it had a $39.50 state inspection sticker receipt in the glove box.

Harris county is the same way, but yeah I totally agree on the crap driving on the roads that have an up to date inspection sticker on them... Only thing I can think of is they paid off someone to just slap a sticker on it or they don't live in Bexar county.

Old 09-20-2015, 06:23 PM
Mudding
Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Best4x4
Austin Roverworks is not going to rape u like the Austin Land Rover Dealership! Good people over there vs the Dealership.
Oh, they use lube there for customer satisfaction or what? J/K... A good mechanic is hard to find so if they are one of 10% of shops that do honest work then that's great.

Last time I got a company van from Bexar county it had a $39.50 state inspection sticker receipt in the glove box.
Ah, a company van. All commercial vehicles are $40 inspection fee I believe.

And I just checked the counties that require emissions testing and Bexar is still not on that **** list, for now anyway.
Which vehicles are required to have the emissions test?
  • Vehicles registered in designated counties. Designated counties include: Brazoria, Fort Bend, Galveston, Harris, Montgomery, Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Johnson, Kaufman, Parker, Rockwall, Tarrant, Travis, Williamson and El Paso counties.

Last edited by R0VERGUY; 09-20-2015 at 06:26 PM.
Old 09-20-2015, 07:29 PM
Super Moderator
Received 2,248 Likes on 1,667 Posts

I went and looked at the paperwork on the state inspection receipt. Van was sold in San Antonio, but inspected in Austin so they must have done a dealer trade/swap.

I actually laugh at how they do state inspections in my county. When I got my 98 D1 I went insane on making sure it was 100% with not a single fault. Went to get it inspected a short blonde girl comes out, says do the wipers work, I say yes, and get out of her way. She says oh ok I believe you, and gives me my paperwork for it passing inspection.... I was like WTH???? Never drove it, never checked a single bulb/headlight, or anything..... Of coarse I take a company van in and they're like oh you need a gas cap, wiper blades, and the license plate light is out.... Go figure!!

I trust Austin Roverworks. I basically was around 15 years old when Ken started working on my moms 89 RRC at the San Antonio LR Dealership, then he moved to the LR Austin Dealership, where I moved, and bought myself a 97 D1, and eventually a 97 RR Vitesse 4.6L HSE. Ken and his friend Billy were the only guys I ever let touch my Rover's. They both know their stuff, and aren't out to bend ya over any barrels and empty your wallets. I'm back into LR's after going with Jeeps for a few years and if I had a serious problem I couldn't fix that's where I'd take it to be fixed honestly and properly.

Old 09-20-2015, 08:05 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 111 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by R0VERGUY
Smoke testing your EVAP system would be the quickest and best way to find a leak in the system. I've had that code before and battled to find a solution only to find the code go away on it's own one day never to return.
I was looking at the "Loss Detection Pump" for the cause of my code right before it stopped showing up. I had actually ordered a used one to replace it, already take the old one off, and went to plug in the new one and the plugs were different. Apparently there is a 3 prong plug and a 4 prong and I got the wrong one. I never could find the correct one for my truck but the code hasn't come back since I reinstalled the old one. Maybe I had a bad connection or something that I fixed when I reinstalled it . I did disconnect all may vent tubes and blow them out to make sure they weren't clogged so that could of been it too.

So basically the cause of the code is still a mystery to me, but maybe you have a few places to start looking.

In Austin they hook you up to scanner? I live just south of San Antonio and all they check are my lights, horn, wipers, and brakes. I'm pretty sure you can get your vehicle inspected at any station in Texas, so if your county has tough standards maybe you can inspect it somewhere else.

Pump Evap. Loss Leak Detection ( DMTL ) (Genuine Part # WTR000010 ) - Land Rover filler caps from Atlantic British
In Texas your vehicle must be inspected in the county which it is registered, and yes some counties standard of emissions is more lenient than others, but it does no good if vehicle is not titled in one of these counties. Been there, done that

Old 09-20-2015, 08:41 PM
Mudding
Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts

It's amazing that a "State" inspection allows individual counties to decide what they want to check on a vehicle. You would think it would be universal across the state. I can drive my environment killing truck all day long in Austin because I don't live there. Haha, that makes sense.
I see cars and trucks from Mexico everyday here in San Antonio and I know for a fact they shouldn't be driving on the roads here. You should see these things trying to keep up with traffic on the highways . Half of the cars look like 2 or 3 cars welded into 1. I'm amazed they let them cross the border in those makeshift human transports but apparently they are okay to be on the roads here. I wish they didn't see our Disco's as such a threat.

Last edited by R0VERGUY; 09-20-2015 at 09:10 PM.
Old 09-21-2015, 06:57 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 111 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by R0VERGUY
It's amazing that a "State" inspection allows individual counties to decide what they want to check on a vehicle. You would think it would be universal across the state. I can drive my environment killing truck all day long in Austin because I don't live there. Haha, that makes sense.
I see cars and trucks from Mexico everyday here in San Antonio and I know for a fact they shouldn't be driving on the roads here. You should see these things trying to keep up with traffic on the highways . Half of the cars look like 2 or 3 cars welded into 1. I'm amazed they let them cross the border in those makeshift human transports but apparently they are okay to be on the roads here. I wish they didn't see our Disco's as such a threat.

great observation! I remember trying to get my truck inspected in the next county over a few years ago. The vehicle was registered in Ellis, wanted to do it a few miles away in Navarro at a friends shop because of a CEL. What is the point of a few counties having a higher standard of emissions than the others surrounding said counties?? its ridiculous!!