Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

High mileage high rpms going up steep incline

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2017, 07:34 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 112 Likes on 108 Posts

Which cats did he go with. I'm gonna replace the whole exhaust set up on mine and go back to stock. Looking at magnaflow y pipe or royal exhaust out of the great white north and gonna order the muffler and silencer for lucky 8. Then before I even install it, I'm gonna have it ceramic coated. Just curious on what brand of y pipe (cats) he used

Old 01-04-2017, 10:31 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I re-read some of the replies to this stream and I have been noticing a slight rattling. Honest I thought that it was just my dirt road or the crack and pot hole ridden government highway I was driving on.

Just got the call that the Cat is replaced.No check engine light soon or codes indicating that anything wrong. Technician is completing the obd tests to make sure everything checks out. My diagnostic tool came last night. Will keep everyone informed. Thank you again for the good advice. Still wondering about the 313k guy though... what's your secret? All Land Rover lovers want to know

Old 01-07-2017, 10:39 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everything is working great! What my problem boiled down to was my MAF sensor about to go out and my catalytic converter needing to be replaced. I probably could've replaced the catalytic converter and waited to replace the MAF sensor for a couple months, however, it needed to be replaced soon anyways. Because the catalytic converter was going bad and needed replacement, I received 2 misfire codes, as well as a 4th gear monitoring ratio fault code. This problem gave me incorrect outputs and made my car want to stay in 3rd rather than 4th / overdrive. In addition the faulty / about to go bad MAF sensor my computers were not given the proper input to function effectively and correctly when in D.

Costs:
- MAF Sensor (plus labor) $320
- Catalytic Converter (plus labor) $340

I hope this thread helps everyone out as I know how much other threads have helped me out. Also I got her new tires for passing smog!

Old 01-07-2017, 05:41 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 245 Likes on 230 Posts

Thanks for posting the results and fix. That's good stewardship of the forum.

Congratulations on figuring it out.