Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I was shocked to see this on Craigslist today

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2015 | 02:24 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by dusty1
Yeah. There is an Australian outfit, that is somewhat proven, but you would need to sell kidney, lung, and part of your liver.
Well as it happens, my job is in Organ transplant, so I could make that happen!

Old 09-11-2015 | 03:02 PM
Three Wheeling
Talking

Originally Posted by R0VERGUY
Mes has to have it!!! It's only 5 hours away. From the pictures it's hard to tell how it would mount with the A/C compressor still attached but I guess it's possible. I'd love to see how long one of our crappy engine last with that sucka hooked up, YEE-HAW
I'll kick my feet up, have a cold one, and watch a rover eat it. I have 5 pounds of tannerite here that I never used and I'll hand over the .338 Lapua...it's already loaded.

Old 09-12-2015 | 05:41 AM
Pro Wrench

I'll do it... Move over wimps.

I emailed him an offer and asked if he's willing to ship to Philly. This wil go on my 04 (currently in the process of being built and cammed).

My only concern is will I see any gains without reprogramming or custom tuning the ECU?!

Fingers crossed he accepts my offer

Last edited by coors; 09-12-2015 at 05:43 AM.
Old 09-15-2015 | 07:26 PM
Camel Trophy

Originally Posted by coors

I emailed him an offer and asked if he's willing to ship to Philly. This wil go on my 04 (currently in the process of being built and cammed).

My only concern is will I see any gains without reprogramming or custom tuning the ECU?!

You will want to run a wideband when you start it up - I recommend an LM-2 from Innovate Motosports. Normal MAF and oxygen sensor readings will allow the ECU to adjust fueling on part throttle via fuel trims, but at WOT it will revert to the stock rpm/manifold pressure map. Who knows if they had any cells above a 100kpa manifold pressure reading, I would bet no. No idea what the stock WOT AFR is on a Disco but you could throw a wideband in it and see before you put the supercharger on it. Most stock engines run around 11.5 to 12:1 at WOT to protect the engine, but I have see as low as 10.5 and as high as 12.5. Ideal is probably around 12.5 for a blown engine, so you could calculate the extra air provided by the boost and figure out where you would be with stock injectors. Then if it is going to be lean just get slightly larger injectors to make up the difference.

However you might want to take a read here: RPi Engineering - V8 Engine and Component List

As well as check out other ECU's.

Not a mod to be taken lightly...

Old 09-15-2015 | 08:06 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by LRDISCONEWBIE777
I'll kick my feet up, have a cold one, and watch a rover eat it. I have 5 pounds of tannerite here that I never used and I'll hand over the .338 Lapua...it's already loaded.
Lapua.... I'm jealous. You have a Savage 110BA or what? It sounds like you have all the fun toys out there. I wanna play.

Old 09-16-2015 | 01:57 AM
Three Wheeling

Come on! I have many toys and I'm proud to say that I built almost half of them myself. Like the customized aluminum boat that I was speaking about in another thread when you and I were talking about PINS. I welded her from the ground up. She runs in 3" of water and handles rough water like a V-hull. Many now days would call the hull design a super cat. The entire deck is coated with slip proof rubber coating-a good insulator for that pesky lightning.

Old 09-16-2015 | 01:59 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by R0VERGUY
Lapua.... I'm jealous. You have a Savage 110BA or what? It sounds like you have all the fun toys out there. I wanna play.
Yes sir, she's a savage and an excellent rifle.

Old 09-16-2015 | 08:27 AM
|
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by Extinct
You will want to run a wideband when you start it up - I recommend an LM-2 from Innovate Motosports. Normal MAF and oxygen sensor readings will allow the ECU to adjust fueling on part throttle via fuel trims, but at WOT it will revert to the stock rpm/manifold pressure map. Who knows if they had any cells above a 100kpa manifold pressure reading, I would bet no. No idea what the stock WOT AFR is on a Disco but you could throw a wideband in it and see before you put the supercharger on it. Most stock engines run around 11.5 to 12:1 at WOT to protect the engine, but I have see as low as 10.5 and as high as 12.5. Ideal is probably around 12.5 for a blown engine, so you could calculate the extra air provided by the boost and figure out where you would be with stock injectors. Then if it is going to be lean just get slightly larger injectors to make up the difference.

However you might want to take a read here: RPi Engineering - V8 Engine and Component List

As well as check out other ECU's.

Not a mod to be taken lightly...

jeeze....

Old 09-16-2015 | 08:33 AM
|
Pro Wrench

good job! I was going to follow up on my post and state that if nobody from this forum will buy it then the guy will never be able to get rid of it! Good luck, I hope this works out. I'm excited for you

Old 09-16-2015 | 09:19 PM
Camel Trophy

Coors, go check out my turbo thread for air and fuel info. Essentially you'll want to run a wide band O2 on each bank with something to read it and a computer to manually modify your fuel trim from whatever the MAF is telling the computer, I think RoverMasterMechanic recommended a good one. I don't remember the specifics off the top of my head, but you should be able to find most of everything you need there and feel free to PM me if you have questions about anything. I pretty much have a whole turbo build planned out, just no money to complete it and I probably won't for a couple years at least.