Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

muffler questions?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 09:38 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by atvrdr
alright so i would be removing the huge muffler in the middle of the truck which i see and id be replacing it with a dynomax muffler then i take cut the resonator off and just do a pipe going out the side? would this sound nice?
atvrdr, thats the exact same set up I have, except with flowmasters. Just cut off the stock tip and reuse it.

Old 06-29-2009, 09:46 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

alright thanks alot for all the help....last question is i dont really like the look of the pipe coming out the rear side instead could i just extend it to make it come straight out?

because i know if you just leave it it will rust the bottom of the truck so if i extend the pipe should it be okay? or should i just make it come out the side?

i think i might just take the resonator off first and see how it sounds then add a muffler..

also if i go this route do i really need to do any welding?..or can i just get a tight fitting pipe and use a exuast clamp?

thanks soo much

Old 06-29-2009, 10:27 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

alright thanks alot for all the help....last question is i dont really like the look of the pipe coming out the rear side instead could i just extend it to make it come straight out?
That is really your own preference. I preferably like the stock tips.

also if i go this route do i really need to do any welding?..or can i just get a tight fitting pipe and use a exuast clamp?
I actually had a muffler shop did the work, so everything was welded. However, if you want to chop off the resonators temporarily, I don't see why clamps wouldn't work --though, it may start to rattle.