Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Non Power Power Programer

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 10:25 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Non Power Power Programer

Good Morning Folks. I hope everyone has been well. I've had my big Irish nose to the grindstone and haven't been around participating like I should be.
Has anyone ever located a programer to compensate for the 265/75/16 Pro Comp extreme AT's the 13 year old trapped in my 36 year old body had to have.
I'm not looking to make any magic HP with a Hyper-Diaper-GTR/STX/Type R (Better add some more R's to make the programer make more HP's!!) RRRRR. Ok that should make the programer open up my Disco II to at least make around 1000 hp N.A. on 87 octane at 6400 ft were I mostly drive
Hopefully this gives everyone a good Sat. laugh. Since every time you turn on the news now you'd swear you couldn't possibly have enough canned goods stocked up UGH! The good news is when all this $$ rubbish hits prime time news it's usually over in the next 18 months.
Anyhow all kidding aside the 265/75/16's are making the auto transmission hunt and peck all the time which I'm sure isn't good for any of the pieces- parts involved . I'm looking for a programer or perhaps someone I can send the CPU out to be re-flashed.
Ok back to Petit Le Mans before I go back to winterizing the house for Tahoe Snow Insanity. Any input is much Appreciated.

Old 09-26-2009, 08:45 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Change all of your fluids to Synthetic and change out your gears to 4:11's. You won't gain any HP unless you modify the intake ($200) and exhaust ($800), get a piper cam ($200), and chip it for around $800. You will also have to take it to the dealer to learn the alarm after chipped, to add another $100.

Gear it right for the best $$ spent. I think Lucky 8 has the gears relatively cheap.

Old 09-27-2009, 08:30 AM
Three Wheeling

I'll look into the Lucky 8 gears. LIke I said most of the Yoda guys are wheeling around here with 22r's just broken in with 200K so I'm not after any HP at all.
I'm also a fanatic about R.-Purple Oils good call. This goes back to my first GTI when one of the few Synthetic oils you could get was Redline. The only deviation I've made for my 7.3L Power-stroke was Dello and of Rotella in her belly depending what I had. My WVO powered W126 300sd was run strictly on Rotella. Over 300k on the clock and with the boost cranked up and the waste gate cranked closed she BOOTED in a big cloud of Burrito and chicken wing smoke!!!
My most pressing issue is the hunt and pecking common in all modern vehicles sporting rolling stock of an increased diameter. Possibly a Diablo, Hyperterc and or a Predator that plugs into the Diagnostic port under the dash. I'm only looking to correct the tranny hunting and pecking problems with the 265's and the tranny.
I don't want to do any harm to the tranny hunting all over the place. I'll save the cams for the B5S4's trip to 500hp(see youtube ;_) ).
If worse comes to worse I would possibly be willing to ship off the CPU to be re-flashed as suggested.
I need to get this done appreciate all info for my Rover. Allrightey then back to Top Gear on the DVR. It's still pitch Black in Lake Tahoe.

Last edited by JMON; 09-27-2009 at 08:36 AM. Reason: First cup O Joe !
Old 09-27-2009, 09:48 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by JMON
Good Morning Folks. I hope everyone has been well. I've had my big Irish nose to the grindstone and haven't been around participating like I should be.
Has anyone ever located a programer to compensate for the 265/75/16 Pro Comp extreme AT's the 13 year old trapped in my 36 year old body had to have.
I'm not looking to make any magic HP with a Hyper-Diaper-GTR/STX/Type R (Better add some more R's to make the programer make more HP's!!) RRRRR. Ok that should make the programer open up my Disco II to at least make around 1000 hp N.A. on 87 octane at 6400 ft were I mostly drive
Hopefully this gives everyone a good Sat. laugh. Since every time you turn on the news now you'd swear you couldn't possibly have enough canned goods stocked up UGH! The good news is when all this $$ rubbish hits prime time news it's usually over in the next 18 months.
Anyhow all kidding aside the 265/75/16's are making the auto transmission hunt and peck all the time which I'm sure isn't good for any of the pieces- parts involved . I'm looking for a programer or perhaps someone I can send the CPU out to be re-flashed.
Ok back to Petit Le Mans before I go back to winterizing the house for Tahoe Snow Insanity. Any input is much Appreciated.
First, you can not reprogram the trannies ECU to compinsate for a tire size, nor should you need to. Sounds like your adaptive memory is screwed up.
Send me your tele number and I'll call you today to walk you thru fixing it.

Old 09-29-2009, 11:10 AM
Three Wheeling

Mike I just want to thank you again for your advice on my 265's. If you didn't give me the heads up I would have drove the Rover around like that for years ;_) Thanks again!

Old 09-29-2009, 01:05 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

What did he tell you? Mike has a habit of letting out secrets on the phone so he doesn't have to type it out. Share what you guys talked about so others can benefit.

Old 09-29-2009, 03:23 PM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

Based on what he described to me, I believe he needs to have his adaptive memory for the tranny reset, that's where we left it and he will let us know how it turns out.

Old 09-29-2009, 05:24 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by okdiscoguy
What did he tell you? Mike has a habit of letting out secrets on the phone so he doesn't have to type it out. Share what you guys talked about so others can benefit.

LMAO... that is funny.

Old 09-30-2009, 09:52 PM
Three Wheeling

Mike I took a look at your parking space in the snow and I can safely say you can identify with what my Disco will look like in December in our driveway!
I'll update this after I run the Disco up and down the mountain with a few notes I took from Mike the other day on the Adaptive CPU in the D II.
I'm going to hit the gas station with my good tire pressure gauge and make sure all 4 corners are up to snuff, top her off with some 91, and try to teach the old girl to play nice with her new 265/75/16 horse shoes. I'll keep everyone posted if everything decides to play nice together for the most part.